Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 06:53 AM

Default Re: Stars 4/180 - JJ in early position, facing the A on the flop

*Post without looking at responses*

I think PF is perfectly fine so lets just look where we're at on the flop. Personally, Id lead with a bet of 250 ish and be done if villain is raising us. I dont particularly like checking, mainly because Im not to keen on the options of check/folding and check/calling in this situation. Maybe as played a raise to 600 and being done with the hand in the face of any resistance is best. I actually hate this as well and it doesnt leave us in great shape stack wise, thats why I prefer to lead rather than check intially on the flop.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:10 AM

Thank you guys for all your answers! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Personally I donīt like leadbetting the flop oop without initiative. What to do if he flatcalls? I have to guess on the turn again and if I c/f the turn then, I just lose more chips. At least I telegraph my hand pretty well as I certainly would not lead the flop with AA/AK after Villain reraised me. As well I donīt like to raise his flop-bet - like AC suggested. What to do if he calls my 600? Then I have to c/f the turn as well ...
Old 11-06-2007, 07:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you guys for all your answers! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Personally I donīt like leadbetting the flop oop without initiative. What to do if he flatcalls? I have to guess on the turn again and if I c/f the turn then, I just lose more chips. At least I telegraph my hand pretty well as I certainly would not lead the flop with AA/AK after Villain reraised me. As well I donīt like to raise his flop-bet - like AC suggested. What to do if he calls my 600? Then I have to c/f the turn as well ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Youre slowing down if he flat calls, the only hand that flat calls that you're beating is 1010. Also, I hate the raise as well but was just suggesting it as viable, if he flat calls, again you're done with the hand not great but it happens sometimes.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:46 AM

I'm leading out on this flop most of the time. And all of the time in a 4/180. If you get any resistance here you can lay it down then, but I really don't like check/folding here.

I'm also leading out if I have AK BTW.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:10 AM

Check/fold on the flop is fine.
Your UTG bet has been donk-raised, even most of the bad players know that an UTG bet means strength.
IMHO, you call the donk raise for set-value, nothing else