Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2007, 09:40 PM

Default Re: Straight flush mucked at 200nl Foxwoods?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hero becomes furious, claiming nobody turns their cards up over the line at the table and says anything like "I had you til the [censored] river" when they're are going to be calling.

[/ QUOTE ]

You took your fury out on the wrong person. Unless you really want to just win a pot on a technicality. The guy to be pissed at is the showdown mope.

It sucks that it happened, but let it go. I'd be more concerned with making sure the idiot knows to shut his yap when not in a hand.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering the muppet with the mouth in this case was barely spoken to and not punished in any form. Hero lost real $. Villain would not have won that $ if not for the muppets' comment. How do you implement any justice here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Real $: 1st off, 1 pot isn't the end of the world. Remember, hero lost money because of a technicality. It just happened to be a gift that was taken back because the guy misread his hand and another guy was an idiot. If you really want to put this in long terms, you lost only pennies in comparison to how often this will happen. The expectation of someone folding a better hand like that is pretty low.

Yes, it sucks it happened. I'd make more of an issue about the player with the mouth. You may also sound like a prick for doing that, but I'd still do it. The reason people(more casual players) would think it's prickish is because many may only see it as you angling for the pot when you're really talking about influencing action during a hand. Just a note as to how it may come across. Again, I'd push it on that factor. I wouldn't push for me getting this pot.

Unfortunately, there is no real 'justice' to be had. It won't be the last time something like this happens. You basically have to just suck it up and move on. The only thing you can really do is try to make it so it doesn't happen with any consistency in your room. Sometimes you have to wake up some of the workers in there to keep the main game mechanics going.

b