Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 11:13 AM

Default Re: Testosterone Question

Agree with all of the above posters. You are much better off talking to your doctor about HRT than anyone on here. Ignore Thremp's comment, HRT does not equal "juicing". You legitimately have low T levels and your doc could also suggest diet and exercise routines that will help you lose weight. 200 (ng/dl I'm assuming) is very low for a 28 year old, so HRT should be very beneficial for you.

To directly answer your questions, you will build muscle easier and probably grow more body hair. It will not help with weight loss, but it might indirectly as you will hit the gym more and hopefully reshape your diet. GL.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:15 PM

General article on testosterone
Old 11-07-2007, 12:35 PM

How is it not juicing? It's the exact same thing. Obv it's better if you don't go nuts and try to drive your level way beyond normal ranges, but "normal" is different for everyone, we don't know anything about the general health of the rest of his system.

[ QUOTE ]

From the quick research I've done it looks like my only option is to use testosterone replacement therapy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know why you would come to that conclusion. There are plenty of natural ways to increase test and reasons why yours might be low. Have you talked to your doctor about that or researched that?

Are you overweight? Are you working out with heavy weights? Are you on any medication? Do you eat an excessive amount of eggs or soy? Are you on a zinc supplement? Do you get at least 25g of fat a day?

etc. etc. I'm sure a doc could look into other factors as well such as your thyroid hormone levels and perhaps a testes exam.

Oh, I see you put "lethargy" and "obese" on there. Those are as much causes of low test as they are symptoms.