Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Can C-Mike be a long term winner?
Yes 6 31.58%
No 13 68.42%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-27-2007, 08:53 PM

Default Re: from pittm

[ QUOTE ]
I still think it's a little silly of Granny to get up in arms about RJ

[/ QUOTE ]

due respect Dids, but i don't understand how/why you say i am up in arms about this. if you posted a legitimate question (tho PITTM calls it a terrible post), and out of the blue i post that you be incinerated, you would not click the 'notify' button? that's pretty sad that we even need to discuss whether that was abusive posting. that's all i did, click the notify button and had some private discussion with mike haven.

i would hope that you have the good of the community in mind when you see posts like that, directed to ANYBODY, and make sure the post is dealt with swiftly. the piling on by brazillo was no better imo.

no, this was not me being up in arms. when i get up in arms, it is not pretty. actually, i thought i was showing restraint out of respect for the green.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I still think it's a little silly of Granny to get up in arms about RJ

[/ QUOTE ]

due respect Dids, but i don't understand how/why you say i am up in arms about this. if you posted a legitimate question (tho PITTM calls it a terrible post), and out of the blue i post that you be incinerated, you would not click the 'notify' button? that's pretty sad that we even need to discuss whether that was abusive posting. that's all i did, click the notify button and had some private discussion with mike haven.

i would hope that you have the good of the community in mind when you see posts like that, directed to ANYBODY, and make sure the post is dealt with swiftly. the piling on by brazillo was no better imo.

no, this was not me being up in arms. when i get up in arms, it is not pretty. actually, i thought i was showing restraint out of respect for the green.

[/ QUOTE ]

Firstly, I agree with all those saying RJ should be permabanned and BOS. That's slightly sad for me because he's one of the pretty small group of posters that will actually discuss soccer in the sports forum. Also, I should point out that he has at least 2 other accounts (manufan and RJ! that I know of) and I would guess a few more.

Grannie, the post in question here is not what dids is talking about. We've had issues in the past (well one, despite that I don't recall anything before that point, you called me a troll in ATF and of course when I asked you why you never responded. I would like to point out that I did enjoy the grannie Paradise bonus from which we both benefitted, and didn't even take you up on your free tournie entry offer.), so maybe my memory isn't correct here but I think dids is referring to the many exchanges between you and RJ that were similar to this one in that RJ would make a reasonable post asking some question completely unrelated and you would come into the thread and hammer him with discussion of the cheating which he admitted to, and wasn't relevant to his question. The thread would then 100% of the time derail in to a discussion of him having played at the same table as his dorm mate and general bitching back and forth. As far as I know none of this has gone on lately, and while I felt you were trolling him what you were saying wasn't nearly as bad as what he's said to you in the past and here.

The main difference IMO between GM and RJ on this is that it appears that grannie is at worst just having a bit of fun at someone he doesn't like's expense while RJ pretty much always seems to have flown off the handle. As someone pointed out in the OOT survivor, RJ takes himself too seriously and has the thinnest skin in the world and treats any slight as if the whole world is after him and he's on some holy crusade.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so maybe my memory isn't correct here but I think dids is referring to the many exchanges between you and RJ that were similar to this one in that RJ would make a reasonable post asking some question completely unrelated and you would come into the thread

[/ QUOTE ]

if this Ever happened, it would have been the first week it all blew up. 2 years ago maybe, when he had ~100 posts iirc.

since then, No Way. I have never entered anyone's thread to attack them unprovoked (except maybe neal ross and ramashiva). other than that, i would challenge anyone to find a single instance of this.

as far as calling you a troll, i have no memory of this whatsoever. therefore, i'm sure that at the time i just thought you were participating in any one of the many recent gang-rapes of grannymae. nothing personal.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
since then, No Way. I have never entered anyone's thread to attack them unprovoked (except maybe neal ross and ramashiva). other than that, i would challenge anyone to find a single instance of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll check the first 2000 posts. Another four volunteers, please?
Old 01-28-2007, 09:38 AM

Default Perception of a BBV poster

I gave someone a Final Warning for a "die" post in the Zoo.

This was part of their reply:

"Was not aware that this was out of line, as it is standard in some other forums like bbv."
Old 01-28-2007, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll check the first 2000 posts. Another four volunteers, please?

[/ QUOTE ]

Recent assualts on the MinionMeisteress...

RJ on GM

thomastem on GM
Old 01-28-2007, 02:03 PM

Default Re: Perception of a BBV poster

[ QUOTE ]
I gave someone a Final Warning for a "die" post in the Zoo.

This was part of their reply:

"Was not aware that this was out of line, as it is standard in some other forums like bbv."

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a direct quote from my note on tone

[ QUOTE ]
Hey all,

PJN had a note on this before, but I want to reiterate: ease up on the tone a bit. One sentence responses to bad posts can be funny, but stuff like "KILL YOURSELF", "Die in a fire", etc. do not make the reds happy and when the reds aren't happy I'm not happy and when I'm not happy then hypnotoad's not happy and then all hell breaks loose.

In sum, you are more than welcome to rag on posters; just don't make it 100% of your posts and try and provide something constructive to BBV besides telling everyone else they suck.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-28-2007, 02:24 PM

Default Re: Perception of a BBV poster

[ QUOTE ]
In sum, you are more than welcome to rag on posters...

[/ QUOTE ]

Therein, may lie the problem [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2007, 02:24 PM

RJ really does need anger management counselling.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i also vote for putting RJ down for good, make him ban on sight

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not going to weigh in on the banning because I have been the subject of RJ's trolling in the past hence my opinion doesn't matter; it wouldn't be fair. I remember RJ being a rather good strat poster back in the day and actually having a rather good sense of humor before he became so aggressive - I miss that side of him. The only thing i ask is that someone pull him aside first before a ban is put into place to try to knock some sense into him. RJ has been around he far too long to drop him like a rock, in a way its our own fault for not doing this sooner to help him see the light.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]