Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 04:30 AM

Default Re: I will mentor you for free

I think some people already offered to setup the web-site. If those don't work for you, I can set it up. I am doing a PhD in Computer Science and setting up a simple private login forum is pretty easy. Where are you planning to host it? My AIM id is linuxrocks1. PM or AIM me if you are need help with hosting. I will be away this Thanksgiving weekend though.

About me.

<font color="blue">1. How you are currently improving your game</font>

Getting coaching, self-analyzing and reading forums

<font color="blue">2. Your poker goals. </font>

Move up to 5/10NL and higher.

<font color="blue">3. Your current stakes and past earnings </font>

I mostly play at 2/4 6-max now a days. For a glimpse of my earnings, September graph. I have played about 100K hands so far this year.

<font color="blue">4. A few examples of good strategy posts you have made. </font>

A recent post: Poker as a Logic game

I have written a few poker articles as well.

1. Guide to multi-tabling
2. Common Mistakes Made by Low-limit Players in NL Single Table Tournaments
3. Satellite strategy

<font color="blue">5. A little about yourself.</font>

I am Computer geek and working on my PhD in CS.
Old 11-22-2007, 04:52 AM

I'm not really a fan of posting this in BBV, but if it means a chance at improving my game then so be it.

1. How you are currently improving your

I’ve been generating more poker contacts outside of 2p2 (adding on aim, msn etc). I’ve also been doing some of my playing at a fellow 2p2ers house. Only recently have I started with the session reviews and stuff like that as a way of fine tuning leaks.

2. Your poker goals.

I don’t want to become a poker pro, I think I should make that clear. Having just finished high school I want to develop my game over the next 4 months till university starts so I’m able to play poker throughout uni as my source of income without having to worry about money. I’m hoping to be at 200nl by the end of Australian Summer. I also want to have a fair chunk of savings for when I’m done with school.

3. Your current stakes and past earnings

Only recently (start of October) did I begin to actually focus on becoming the best player I could be. Right now I’m playing 50nl substantially over rolled just because I’m lacking the confidence to move up. Lifetime I’m up somewhere in the area of 9-10k.

4. A few examples of good strategy posts you have made.

I’m currently deciding what to write my pooh-bah post on, so I’m afraid I can’t link you to much as yet. As for commenting on posts, I contribute as much as the next guy I guess, nothing that really makes me stand out. I actually currently help a few more via skype / aim at the moment who I feel are improving a lot.

5. A little about yourself.

I finished high school last Monday, which you may not know is A LOT of work in Australia. I currently have 4 months between now and when I start university and I basically want to use this time to develop my game to a point where I can have a nice income through my schooling. I should probably add that I’m really happy with my development as a player lately as I’ve found it easier to dedicate time sessions rather than play at any possible moment I could. This has actually improved my winrate a lot.

6. Also to add, please state how many hours you haveplayed in the last 5 months and earnings in that time.

Over the last 3.5 months I’ve played 350 hours for 4k profit (that’s just NL cash). I think I’m +2k live and 1.5k in SNGs. Looking back at the hourly in my db I feel kind of dirty, but the results I have now (~27/hour) and the results that are sure to follow makes it all worthwhile.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The replies in this thread make me wish i had not wasted your time. WPT winners and 5-10 regs are jumping @ this chance. I dont think that bodes well for the small stakers like myself.

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to be taking guys who i think will get the most out of it, so lower stakes is a slight advantage.

I will pick the 10 around this time tomorrow.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The replies in this thread make me wish i had not wasted your time. WPT winners and 5-10 regs are jumping @ this chance. I dont think that bodes well for the small stakers like myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to be taking guys who i think will get the most out of it, so lower stakes is a slight advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will you PM them all along with announcing in the thread?
Old 11-22-2007, 05:46 AM

1. How you are currently improving your game

I read ssnl daily. I have a subscription to cardrunners. I talk strat with certain 2p2ers via aim.

2. Your poker goals.

I want to be able to support myself and college through playing poker. I would like to get to midstakes within a few months. I want to play at minimum 50k hands per month.

I play at nl100. Ive made about 8k in poker, a number that will soon go up since I can play more now. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

I started out by depositing and losing it. Then I got a little money on prima and lagged up the micro games there and beat them pretty well. Prima closed to me so I had to switch to other sites. I sucked because people played differently. Then I learned to beat it. Moved up to 50nl, sucked, learned how to beat it. Rinse. Repeat. There were some cashouts in there obv but you get the point.

I broke even for 55k hands before I could beat nl100. Now I feel like im one of the best regs there.

I post sucky yves-like short answers that are correct. Sometimes I go more in depth. In a tighter atmosphere such as the one you are proposing, I would be more than happy to clarify my thought processes as do for my friends via aim.

I’m a senior in college. I will need to stay another year to get my degree in economics. I might decide to double major because I like accounting and finance.

6. Also to add, please state how many hours you have played in the last 5 months and earnings in that time.

I can’t check because I’m on a different computer. I haven’t played a lot in that time period because of work, but right now I’m playing about 2k hands/day and anywhere from 2-4 hours/day.

As a sidenote, I realize that I’m going to hit my goals eventually, but I didn’t want to miss a golden opportunity to improve my game. Anyway, it’s cool what you are doing.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:50 AM

I have coached a number of small and mid stakes players in the past 6 months. I spend a lot of time thinking about the game. I go through periods of heavy posting in the strat forums and periods of just browsing the most interesting threads.

2. Your poker goals.

I would like to continue gradually moving up in stakes and increasing my earnings. It's hard to set specific goals here because it's tough to predict how game conditions will change and how variance will affect me. One of my more immediate goals is to become comfortable at live 10/20, eventually including buying in deep.

I play mostly 3/6 online but some 5/10 and 2/4 as well. Lately I've played mostly full ring but prior to the last 6 months I played mostly shorthanded. I make more than enough money to cover my living expenses.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&amp;vc=1

5. A little about yourself

I've been playing since 2004. I play for a living. I moved to Las Vegas this year. I turn 25 in a few days. This is my 19,999th post on 2+2 and after I make it, I will go to bed, and tomorrow I will wake up and accidentally post again and then get pissed off about it.

6. Also to add, please state how many hours you have played in the last 5 months and earnings in that time.

I don't have that information available on this computer. I play full time but I don't put in a ton of hours... I don't play if I'm not feeling good or if the games aren't good since I don't figure to win much then if I were to sit and play.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Read the forums daily, have a friend who is as devoted we discuss poker daily, think, play and analyze my game daily always looking forward to improve.

2. Your poker goals.

Win enough money to afford starting a family in my country honduras. Also help my country with mjy poker income. Invest while i play so at one point i dont play it for a living and play it as a hobby and to help others

Started playing seriously mid June. Made around 300$ the first month plaing 10nl, 600$ aprox the second month playing 10nl. 1.5k aprox the thrid month playing $25nl then i didnt play the next and this month aprox $500 up to know playing 25nl. Never deposit in my life, started by playing freerolls at bodog never have need to deposit after cashing in my first freerolls.

None

Im from San Pedro Sula, Honduras. A country in central america where poker is nonexistant and uknown. As astonishing ias it sounds Im like one of the pioneers and i would like to spread poker in here. Im 19 yrs old, i decided even before kwnowing poker that i was not going to college and instead im starting or trying to as an entrepreneur in other areas. Love the game and willing to help and improve my game.

uhmmm 6-8 hours a day.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Jay-

This mean that poor uni students who are financially independent from their parents and trying to support themselves who ALSO play smaller stakes get like, a double (slight) advantage?

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks again for your benevolence.

Todd
Old 11-22-2007, 07:34 AM

Jay, I posted my "credentials" at the beginning...

Something that may help you decide that I need some mentoring

Original thread : Here

Thanks in advance

Vava
Old 11-22-2007, 09:00 AM

just a question not really relevant, but i have seen two people from leeds post here. Are there any places to play poker in leeds, and if so what nights, place, stakes? thx
Closed Thread