Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 08:49 PM

Default Re: Will 2+2 have a response or position on the AP fiasco?

MM,

This is a chance for 2+2 to elevate itself above an industry full of people who largely just care about which side their bread is buttered on.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
iron,

I'd be surprised if more than a few thousand did. It only has 20k views total. But the main point was simply pointing out TT's ridiculous claim.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's because Adanthar has been locking threads and creating new threads as we go. There are threads with 44k, 42k, 40k, 38k, 34k, 27k, 25k and several other smaller main threads with many spinoff threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

every time you press f5 the number goes up by 1
Old 10-22-2007, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
iron,

I'd be surprised if more than a few thousand did. It only has 20k views total. But the main point was simply pointing out TT's ridiculous claim.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's because Adanthar has been locking threads and creating new threads as we go. There are threads with 44k, 42k, 40k, 38k, 34k, 27k, 25k and several other smaller main threads with many spinoff threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

every time you press f5 the number goes up by 1

[/ QUOTE ]

As of this post, this thread has 801 views. I would guess 20 have viewed it and the AP threads in BBV have people at attention refreshing a lot more often than this thread.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi ZB:

I subscribe to the theory that this thing is much bigger than AP. That changes my thinking and approach about a lot of things. So right at this moment, our strategy is to watch and see.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm satisfied by this if it means that you would consider "picking a side" if/when Absolute poker/Kahnawahkee refuses to eventually do the right thing. I note that "wait and see" is not an unequivocal "2+2 will not take a position," and that gives me hope.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:34 PM

I had a little over 700 hits on my blog from MSNBC, involving a single link buried deep in page 2 of a very descriptive story. 20K-40K views for all of the threads combined might be about right. Probably 1/100 of them read the entire thing(s), though.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MM,

This is a chance for 2+2 to elevate itself above an industry full of people who largely just care about which side their bread is buttered on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you caught up with what's going on yet, Ed? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...umber=12519378

[ QUOTE ]
Is there a post somewhere w/ a good summary of what are now commonly accepted as the "facts" of the case for those of us who haven't been following this saga?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-22-2007, 11:03 PM

I'm working under the assumption that there's no new news post AP's statement given that there isn't a new sticky. Confirm/Deny?

I did noticed the MSNBC story linked on Deadspin (most visable sports blog out there)
Old 10-23-2007, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Masked Man:

I thought you understood that I don't care what others may think of us and whether we're elevated or not. I just try to make the best decisions I can based on the information available. And on this point, my opinion just happens to be different from yours.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 10-23-2007, 07:21 PM

from teddyfbi in the most recent absolute thread

[ QUOTE ]
And Mason -- not that we don't all owe you a debt of gratitude for helping our poker games via books/forums/etc, but the silence from your end on this issue has been deafening. I think I speak for more than a couple people here (which I believe I'm authorized to do) when I say that I would have liked to see 2+2 representatives do a little more with respect to this unfolding scandal than pop into threads to remind us of your intellectual property rights. But perhaps you have done a lot of things behind the scenes that I'm simply not aware of.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-23-2007, 09:08 PM

I hate to ask this, but would the deletion of David's thread in BBV have anything to do with 2+2's "non-position" on the AP scandal?