Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2007, 10:33 AM

Default Re: I think I found my new computer chair...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
that is one hideous looking chair

[/ QUOTE ]

A: Who gives two [censored] what it looks like...it's all about comfort and that bad boy is that.

B: What would you recommend to look "cool"?

[/ QUOTE ]

cool + comfortable

Old 11-25-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow, this chair looks very comfortable. I have a Herman Miller - Aeron Chair and actually like it alot. The materials they use are very well made and I would highly recommend it to anyone that sits in their computer chair more than 4 hours a day. I too was hesitant on spending $700 on a chair, but it is an investment well worth making. The best way I can describe it is getting that 2nd or 3rd monitor...you wonder how you lived without it.

The reason I would strongly consider the chair you mentioned, is because of the head-rest. The fact that I don't have to special order it from online is also a plus. I may just goto office depot or a local store and try it out. Thanks for the post and sharing.

To others that have the Aeron Chair, how does this other chair compare? I love my Aeron and never thought I would change, but I am willing to check out this new chair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you referring to the one I am talking about or the Freedom by Humanscale that 1C5 brought up. Assuming you're talking about the Raynor Ergohuman, head to Office Depot and give it a sit...I'm curious as to your take on it. I found it quite comfortable and infinitely adjustable. I'm a bigger guy (6'2, 230) and I can adjust it to fit me, easily.

That said, always interested in others takes.

I wish I could find the Freedom, locally. That's the chair that I have the most interest in, but alas, I can't find it. Where have you found it? And it 'looks' great, but again, can't say as I have never tried it out.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And see, this is my problem. It's not like local stores have these things and I'm not about to drop $900+ on a chair having never given it a test sit for an extended period of time. And I've heard enough people say that they hate the Aeron so that w/o trying it out, it's not an option.

[/ QUOTE ]

that it the key point, if you can't try it you can't reasonably buy it. The only thing I don't like about the pictured chair is the head rest.

I was lucky my girlfriend has one that she picked up from craigslist.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:04 PM

one thing I can't understand about the humanscale freedom from looking here http://www.humanscale.com/products/freedom_index.cfm is how it avoids you getting a clammy back since it seems to have a solid plastic behind the panels
Old 11-26-2007, 12:31 PM

Does that chair come in automatic or is it only available in standard?
Old 11-27-2007, 07:51 AM

did you ever get your new computer and montior setup done? I am looking forward to this becasue all i have is a sams club high back leather chair and it is killing my back.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does that chair come in automatic or is it only available in standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

Zing!!

As a side topic, for those of us with not $800 to spend on a chair, is there a decent alternative around the, say, $2-300 range?
Old 11-28-2007, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
did you ever get your new computer and montior setup done? I am looking forward to this becasue all i have is a sams club high back leather chair and it is killing my back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check you PM's.

Click here for pics.

And as for a cheaper chair, the more I'm reading/researching, the more I'm seeing that the old adage of "you get what you pay for" is true. I've decided on getting the Raynor...

Just will be a little bit. I'll report later once I get it and try it out.