Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 07:16 PM

Default KK: Wait how\'d I get here? 349BB pot 200nl

Ok, sorry if this is super basic, but I basically said "WTF NOW?" on every single postflop street.

Villain is 24/15/2.4 after 500 hands

I'm playing 33/29/2 after about 60 hands at this table, but I'm on several of villains tables ATM, and he prob views me as 23/20/2.5 or something.

Villain has been more or less quiet. No real history between us. I have been playing esp. aggro today, so if he's only looking at today's stats, he views me laggier than I am.

I got my stack of a nit at this table, villain was not involved:

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

keikiwai (SB): $256.80
BB: $394.50
UTG: $233.80
MP: $133.50
CO: $207.00
BTN: $177.60

Preflop: keikiwai is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $6.00</font>, MP folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $24.00</font>, BTN folds, keikiwai calls $23.00, BB folds, UTG calls $18.00

Flop: ($74) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
keikiwai checks, UTG checks, <font color="red">CO bets $50.00</font>, keikiwai calls $50.00, UTG folds

Turn: ($174) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
keikiwai checks, CO checks

River: ($174) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">keikiwai bets $133.00</font>, CO calls all-in for $133.00

Pot Size: $440.00 ($3 Rake)

CO had A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and LOST (-$207.00)
keikiwai had Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Queens) and WON (+$230.00)

[/ QUOTE ]

On to the hand:

I chickened out on the flop, since I didn't want to call a shove. I should be betting this flop pretty often right? Anyway, can't fold, so I call.

I checked turn cause AK just got there, and I now have an OESD (though if he has AK, my draw obv. sucks)

River. Well, wtf, I can't fold. Maybe he's bluffing.

Suggestions?

Problem on the turn/river is obviously that I don't beat AK, AA, QQ, or JJ.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $381.00
BB: $139.65
UTG: $200.00
MP: $255.85
keikiwai (CO): $522.90
BTN: $347.50

Preflop: keikiwai is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">keikiwai raises to $8.00</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $31.00</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">keikiwai raises to $70.00</font>, BTN calls $39.00

Flop: ($143) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
keikiwai checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $116.00</font>, keikiwai calls $116.00

Turn: ($375) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
keikiwai checks, BTN checks

River: ($375) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
keikiwai checks, <font color="red">BTN bets all-in for $161.50</font>, keikiwai calls $161.50

Pot Size: $698.00 ($3 Rake)
Old 07-27-2007, 07:18 PM

Default Re: so i have KK, but i\'m scared to bet 349BB pot 200nl

wow wtf, i think i check shove the flop here.
this is probably results oriented thinking, but i think pushing turn after calling flop is better than c/c river as you beat absolutely nothing in his range by the river.

is your title a talking heads reference?
Old 07-27-2007, 07:19 PM

I'm not sure what I do on the flop, but I think I fold river pretty easily, even getting 4:1
Old 07-27-2007, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow wtf, i think i check shove the flop here.

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought about cr ai, since it's just a little bigger than a minraise, but a cr ai LOOKS super strong, and i think i fold a ton of hands..

and once i call the flop, i don't think i can fold given pot odds, and my flop read, but i obv. can't bet either since nothing worse calls

i guess i'm most confused about the FLOP

i like CR ai, and maybe that's the best, i guess it depends on how often i think he's getting jiggy and bluffing (so how wide his range is)
Old 07-27-2007, 07:25 PM

If you really don't want to play for your stack, then don't play for your stack.

If you do want to play for it, then betting is better. Like $60, $120, $90ai seems like fine bet sizing to keep AQ (maybe JJ) around.

As you played it though, i really don't mind check folding the flop. I think it is much more likely he has sneaky aces or QQ then he decided to pound it with AK. If you get to the river, that looks like a super easy fold.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Like $60, $120, $90ai seems like fine bet sizing to keep AQ (maybe JJ) around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop: ($143)

I really am never going to bet $60 into $143.

It's not that I don't want to play for stacks, it's that I don't know where to bet. $60 on the flop is not really much of an option imo.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:29 PM

Default Re: KK: Wait how\'d I get here? 349BB pot 200nl

I wouldn't 4 bet to this size pre unless you're doing it with a wide range (AND your opponent knows you're doing it with a wide range). If you're only doing it with a select few hands then this is bad because you're giving him a great price, you're OOP, and your basically turning your cards face up deep stacked.

Postflop is hard. I think the check is okay on the flop. after he bets I would probably either push or fold. I don't like calling because you're unlikely to induce further bluffs (after calling 116 on the flop I don't think he'll try to bluff with 160ish behind). You allow scarecards to hit, and I don't think c/c, c/f to further action is very wise. So I would just make a judgement call on the flop and go with it.

As played river looks like a fold. Try putting him on a hand that you're beating. Maybe AQ but he probably doesn't bet that on the river.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Like $60, $120, $90ai seems like fine bet sizing to keep AQ (maybe JJ) around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop: ($143)

I really am never going to bet $60 into $143.

It's not that I don't want to play for stacks, it's that I don't know where to bet. $60 on the flop
is not really much of an option imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not? The most outs he can have is like 7, and you give him room to call light or raise light.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't 4 bet to this size pre unless you're doing it with a wide range (AND your opponent knows you're doing it with a wide range).

[/ QUOTE ]

Good advice thanks.

That was basically why I did it. I was being pretty active at the table, and just got the feeling he was being light. I planned to felt any non A flop...... but yeah I think my pf raise is unfortunate and the beginning of my problems. I do this sometimes when I think villains are pfrring me light (and then I do it w/ a wide range).

So would you pot it pf? that's like $101.

So we'd have $246 behind and pot would be $200, and then you ch call, or open push flop?
Old 07-27-2007, 07:47 PM

I don't have too much of a problem with your raise sizing, as long as your percieved range is wide enough to cut down on his implied odds sufficiently. I'd prefer like $80-$90 but w/e.