Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who pays for your education?
Parents 117 33.52%
Other relatives 10 2.87%
Student loans 52 14.90%
Financial aid 69 19.77%
You 87 24.93%
other 14 4.01%
Voters: 349. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2007, 12:49 AM

Default Re: Barry Bonds indicted

Niss/TM/Oski/etc.
Do you think Lance Williams and Mark Faindru-Wada should be in jail for obstruction of justice?
Old 11-16-2007, 12:51 AM

I find it frightening that so many people don't find perjury a bigger deal. Lying under oath undermines the entire justice system. Our justice system is completely based on testimony. To say perjury going ignored is not threatening to people is really ignorant.

Those that feel its not worth the money -- fine. But to the masses that are saying its not a big deal is really insane.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Niss/TM/Oski/etc.
Do you think Lance Williams and Mark Faindru-Wada should be in jail for obstruction of justice?

[/ QUOTE ]

from wiki:

On Sept 21, 2006, the journalists were sentenced to 18 months in prison for contempt of court. The two have repeatedly stated that they would go to prison before revealing their sources. The two avoided jail time, however, when attorney Troy Ellerman pleaded guilty on Feb. 14, 2007, to leaking the information, lying to prosecutors, obstructing justice and disobeying a court order not to disclose grand jury information.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I find it frightening that so many people don't find perjury a bigger deal. Lying under oath undermines the entire justice system. Our justice system is completely based on testimony. To say perjury going ignored is not threatening to people is really ignorant.

Those that feel its not worth the money -- fine. But to the masses that are saying its not a big deal is really insane.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is similar to the Bill Clinton situation.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What he did (not the [censored]) was a really big deal as well.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
TMTTR,

What would you think if the Government spent millions of dollars, and many years of efforts to finally get enough evidence to go to trial about whether or not you jaywalked on October 21st, 1990?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL at equating jaywalking with intentionally testifying falsely in numerous respects before a federal grand jury.

The level of retardation in this thread is seriously astonishing.

[/ QUOTE ]

You realize the whole reason this whole thing has any hoopla is because people are equating using steroids with ruining the world?

So.... You started it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2007, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

when grand juries are no longer used as a political or PR tool by the well-connected, and the entire legal process is no longer corrupted by money, greed, racial bias and naked ambition, then and only then will i start getting upset about someone lying about what he puts in his own body.

actually, even then i probably won't.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
as we all know, game of shadows is based on ILLEGALLY LEAKED TESTIMONY.

i dunno bout you, but i think the fact that the testimony, that legally is supposed to be kept in that room, was leaked is far worse than some of the testimony being false.

[/ QUOTE ]

people tend to ignore these facts, and with good reason. if testimony is so important to the u.s. justice system, then where is niss/oski's outrage over illegally leaked testimony and the concept of privacy?
Old 11-16-2007, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Seems unlikely that 1- this will go to trail 2- he'll see jail time. All imo obv.

In an upset, there are some retards in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the other retards in this thread knew how to spell trial, however.

I see it going to trial and Barry serving a small amount of time. Is it really possible that Anderson got released today without aiding in this investigation?

[/ QUOTE ]

Isnt it possible that a judge finally just decided enough was enough re: the trainer and ordered him released, and THAT is what precipitated the announcement of the indictment? i.e. the feds were sitting around waiting for Anderson to crack before tipping their hand but now that they found out it wasnt going to happen they just decided might as well go for it?

No idea if that is reasonable or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not really, at least as far as I interpreted the interview with Anderson's attorney and Roger Cossack's comments on ESPN.

They basically indicated that the indictment precipitated his release -- because his incarceration was on the premise that he was key to the prosecution's case in seeking an indictment -- and not vice-versa.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What is their to discuss?

You think it was an appropriate use of tax dollars and time to go after one person for 4 years because of alleged steroids use.

We disagree with you.

There is no debate, agree to disagree etc etc

[/ QUOTE ]

The federal government doesn't like it when you lie to them under oath. If you're okay with perjury not being prosecutable, then you're right, there's nothing to debate.

Personally, I'd still like to think the law applies to all people equally, and the fact you can hit 70+ home runs in a a season doesn't mean the law no longer applies to you.