Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who pays for your education?
Parents 117 33.52%
Other relatives 10 2.87%
Student loans 52 14.90%
Financial aid 69 19.77%
You 87 24.93%
other 14 4.01%
Voters: 349. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2007, 12:09 AM

Default Re: Barry Bonds indicted

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So the fact that the govt. spent millions of taxpayers money and after 4+ years finally reached an indictment after 3+ tries(my numbers could be off), you would rate that as a plus to your argument?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no problem with the resources used in this case. Steroids are dangerous to young people and lying to the grand jury in a criminal investigation is a serious crime. The attention this case will get and the possible deterrent it will be (particularly if there is a conviction) on both steroids use and care-free perjury make it worth every penny.

[/ QUOTE ]

how [censored] naive are you?

barry bonds isn't getting busted cuz he used steroids, he's getting busted cuz he lied.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. I think I said that. How [censored] illiterate are you?

Of course the Bonds story sends a mixed message on steroids, but a conviction, a few months in jail and one of the best players in baseball shunned by MLB and the HOF as a cheater is an appropriate ending to the tale.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you're fine with the misappropriated time and money spent on this case on the basis of your own peace of mind about a [censored] GAME?!

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Look into that reading problem. I said that the shunning of Bonds was an added benefit. Obstruction of Justice and Perjury are the crimes that are being appropriately prosecuted.

(1) At least FOUR guilty pleas on distribution related charges.

(2) Cost of this investigation over four years << cost 30 minutes of the Iraq war.

You have faild to show any "misappropriation" of time or money... or that you know what the word misappropriation means.

G'nite
Old 11-16-2007, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So the fact that the govt. spent millions of taxpayers money and after 4+ years finally reached an indictment after 3+ tries(my numbers could be off), you would rate that as a plus to your argument?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no problem with the resources used in this case. Steroids are dangerous to young people and lying to the grand jury in a criminal investigation is a serious crime. The attention this case will get and the possible deterrent it will be (particularly if there is a conviction) on both steroids use and care-free perjury make it worth every penny.

[/ QUOTE ]

how [censored] naive are you?

barry bonds isn't getting busted cuz he used steroids, he's getting busted cuz he lied.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. I think I said that. How [censored] illiterate are you?

Of course the Bonds story sends a mixed message on steroids, but a conviction, a few months in jail and one of the best players in baseball shunned by MLB and the HOF as a cheater is an appropriate ending to the tale.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you're fine with the misappropriated time and money spent on this case on the basis of your own peace of mind about a [censored] GAME?!

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Look into that reading problem. I said that the shunning of Bonds was an added benefit. Obstruction of Justice and Perjury are the crimes that are being appropriately prosecuted.

(1) At least FOUR guilty pleas on distribution related charges.

(2) Cost of this investigation over four years << cost 30 minutes of the Iraq war.

You have faild to show any "misappropriation" of time or money... or that you know what the word misappropriation means.

G'nite

[/ QUOTE ]

just do yourself a favor and shut the [censored] up. you're not fooling anyone. you're an idiot

EDIT: g'nite
Old 11-16-2007, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Seems unlikely that 1- this will go to trail 2- he'll see jail time. All imo obv.

In an upset, there are some retards in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the other retards in this thread knew how to spell trial, however.

I see it going to trial and Barry serving a small amount of time. Is it really possible that Anderson got released today without aiding in this investigation?

[/ QUOTE ]

Isnt it possible that a judge finally just decided enough was enough re: the trainer and ordered him released, and THAT is what precipitated the announcement of the indictment? i.e. the feds were sitting around waiting for Anderson to crack before tipping their hand but now that they found out it wasnt going to happen they just decided might as well go for it?

No idea if that is reasonable or not.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:15 AM

LOL. You are certainly funnier than me, Pudge. The poll is hysterical. You keep the sensor of humor and I will keep lapping you on the intelligence side.

How about addressing the issues instead of trolling? You think Bonds doesn't deserve to be indicted for lying and obstructing justice? Do you think Bonds never used steroids?
Old 11-16-2007, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL. You are certainly funnier than me, Pudge. The poll is hysterical. You keep the sensor of humor and I will keep lapping you on the intelligence side.

How about addressing the issues instead of trolling? You think Bonds doesn't deserve to be indicted for lying and obstructing justice? Do you think Bonds never used steroids?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. sensor of humor? what are you, [censored] illiterate or something?
2. did he deserve to be indicted for obstruction of justice? not after 4 years. statute of limitations should apply here just because BALCO was solved long long long long long ago.
3. they have a positive drug test for bonds. he used steroids. that doesn't change the fact that this whole process was completely pointless.
4. you're STILL a [censored] idiot.

What is their to discuss?

You think it was an appropriate use of tax dollars and time to go after one person for 4 years because of alleged steroids use. In these investigations, there has been many many many baseball players found to be using PED's/Steroids, etc. You think it is appropriate to single out Bonds, and use all the resources possible to punish him for as much as possible.

We disagree with you.

There is no debate, agree to disagree etc etc

I don't know if he should get indicted I haven't seen any evidence to show whether or not he lied. I think it is likely Bonds used steroids.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
just do yourself a favor and shut the [censored] up. you're not fooling anyone. you're an idiot

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't make one reasonable response to my posts and I am the idiot... I understand...

Bonds is one of the greatest ballplayers of all time. But he is also a cheater and a liar and he broke the law.

I shouldn't have looked back when I said g'nite. This time I am gone. Sweet dreams.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't make one reasonable response to my posts and I am the idiot... I understand...

Bonds is one of the greatest ballplayers of all time. But he is also a cheater and a liar and he broke the law.

I shouldn't have looked back when I said g'nite. This time I am gone. Sweet dreams.

[/ QUOTE ]

except i did address you...
Old 11-16-2007, 12:22 AM

TMTTR,

What would you think if the Government spent millions of dollars, and many years of efforts to finally get enough evidence to go to trial about whether or not you jaywalked on October 21st, 1990?