Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 06:56 PM

Default Re: PC FPS gamers: WASD vs Arrows

[ QUOTE ]
wtf are you talking about, turning 180 degrees?

You'd have to have sensitivity pretty high to do that with a regular mouse, no? Plus you can kinda flick the wheel of a trackball and get some extra spin out of it if you want to turn faster.

[/ QUOTE ]

What goofy is trying to say is that he can put mad english on the trackball and do a 540 and still shoot you in the time it takes you to do the 180 snapshot. Skillz...
Old 11-16-2007, 07:06 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

goofyballer,

its actually not a whole lot of work to move a mouse. Just thought you might wanna know!

rj
Old 11-16-2007, 07:15 PM

I mean, I am familiar with regular mice, as I am currently using one at work and have used them on basically every computer I do not own throughout my life. And even though neither of two objects weighing 0.1 and 0.01 grams could be considered "that heavy", it doesn't change the fact that the object weighing .01 grams is still only 10% the weight of the former.

Defending trackballs to my grave,
goofyballer
Old 11-16-2007, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wtf are you talking about, turning 180 degrees?

You'd have to have sensitivity pretty high to do that with a regular mouse, no? Plus you can kinda flick the wheel of a trackball and get some extra spin out of it if you want to turn faster.

[/ QUOTE ]

What goofy is trying to say is that he can put mad english on the trackball and do a 540 and still shoot you in the time it takes you to do the 180 snapshot. Skillz...

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't want to play him at Golden Tee hu for rolls.

Goofy, in any game where you have to go around corners or things are frantic (see COD4) being able to spin in pretty huge. I have tried both TB and mouse and even throwing precise aiming issues aside, I think the mouse 'spins' better then a TB. But who knows maybe you do have the skillz [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2007, 07:51 PM

I'm right handed and the first game I ever got that was mouse and keyboard was Quake I. I went to play multiplayer and since arrows looked like the default I just used the mouse in my left hand.It's been 10+ years now and I use left mouse for everything despite being right handed, and am actually really gimped if I try to use my mouse in the right hand.

Personally I use Arrows for movement, but always have 2 side buttons on mouse to utilize a couple other functions (Lean left and right in COD4).

I generally always use Ctrl for crouch and Keypad 0 for jump, shift for reload and still have access to most of the left oriented keys and the 6 home/insert/etc buttons.

Works pretty well for me, my one complaint about using arrows is that given the space and lefthandedness of mouse really leaves me with a lame selection of mice.

IE I have to use a logitech G3, which is okay but I'd love to use the right-hand countoured G9 or whatever.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:57 PM

Well they've prob rusted away by now since I do all my FPS gaming on consoles now (I sold out [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]) but I do still love my trackball with all my heart.

I think that's the mouse I grew up on.

That's the earliest pic I could find of the current design of the TrackMan, which really hasn't changed in about 10 years ago as far as I can remember. Pretty useful device. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]