Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Is this a good idea or a bad idea?
Good 10 66.67%
Bad 5 33.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-13-2007, 12:24 PM

Default Re: **** OFFICIAL Premiership 2007-08 season Thread!*****

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like the EPL is a lock for Chelsea. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Todays game was the best, or at least most exciting I have seen up play in a long while. Last season we came second in the EPL won 2 cups and made the semis of the CL not only with injuries to Terry and Chech, but also with Abros pet up front and the invisible work shy kraut in midfield. Now we have cover for Terry and are not carrying and dead weight.

Be afraid, be very very afraid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Giving up two goals to a newly promoted side isn't that good a sign.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like the EPL is a lock for Chelsea. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Todays game was the best, or at least most exciting I have seen up play in a long while. Last season we came second in the EPL won 2 cups and made the semis of the CL not only with injuries to Terry and Chech, but also with Abros pet up front and the invisible work shy kraut in midfield. Now we have cover for Terry and are not carrying and dead weight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Giving up two goals to a newly promoted side isn't that good
a sign.

[/ QUOTE ]
Honestly, I'd be more worried that they only scored 3. That Birmingham defense had a [censored] of holes. The goals they scored on Chelsea looked alright, more that they were good goals than bad defense.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Giving up two goals to a newly promoted side isn't that good a sign.

[/ QUOTE ]

two huge flukes, chelsea completely dominated that game
Old 08-13-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The goals they scored on Chelsea looked alright, more that they were good goals than bad defense.

[/ QUOTE ]

apart from essien losing his marker for one and glen johnson missing a tackle for the second.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:59 PM

tbh, two of the Chelsea goals were results of horrible goal tending. Only the Malouda goal was "legit".
Old 08-13-2007, 01:21 PM

Anelka will go if they offer the right money, his agent must be one of the richest around will all the fees he has got over the years.

But not sure if they will go for him, anyone they buy would not be eligible for Champions League and I think they have enough up front for most Premier League games.

Is Saha injured then? Smith could have played up front if they hadnt flogged him as well.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
really wish we still had Rossi right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, that move is looking really bad right now

[ QUOTE ]
Anelka will go if they offer the right money, his agent must be one of the richest around will all the fees he has got over the years.

But not sure if they will go for him, anyone they buy would not be eligible for Champions League and I think they have enough up front for most Premier League games.

Is Saha injured then? Smith could have played up front if they hadnt flogged him as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, his brother must've made an insane amount of money just off the of real madrid move itself a few years back, and anelka himself has to have made a pretty penny off of his moves too. I can't see bolton turning down a 9-11m GBP offer for him

well, there still are some strikers that we could go after that would still be champions league eligable. Only the last qualifying rounds have started, so any team that is seeded or is in the UEFA cup wouldn't be a problem.

and yes, Saha is injured (again), which is really making things rather annoying right now. At least we finally secured tevez, but man, we have no depth at the striker position at all. I guess we'll have to see if Frazier Campbell gets on the pitch
Old 08-13-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who will start up front on wednesday?
where did this reported depth suddenly dissapear to?
You guys have enough attack minded MF. You should start Ronaldo up top and see if he's up for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think we have any depth.

I was simply reporting SAF's pst match comments, we have Saha, Ole, Roon all injured and Smith and Rossi were sold...
so Carlito, CR7, Giggs, and possibly Anderson are realistic options up top for the near future but I'd say that only Tevez would be a forward at full strength and that is not filling the Red Army with confidence.

Not to mention that Saha is always hurt, Ole is past it, and although Tevez/ Anderson are incredibly talented they haven't played a first team minute for United yet... it is a serious worry because we all know that the race for the title is on and there is no time for a bad start to the season...

Also just sticking an attacking mid up top in the Prem is a [censored] solution... teams contending for the title need to be on every week and w/o Rooney for two months we can't just go about sticking players here and there... it's not Winning Eleven

blah. [censored] [censored] Nike boots ruining everything
Old 08-13-2007, 04:04 PM

haha, topnoevili, you havin a laugh?

To be honest, Tevez needs another striker up there with him. Don't think he's up to the lone striker role. He works best with someone ahead of him.

Isn't Anderson a defender?

I recall everyone having a hardon when Nani and Anderson were signed, however everyone seemed to forget they were new and unproven in the prem.

Does ManU even have someone to play a 4-5-1 properly?
Old 08-13-2007, 04:09 PM

http://deadspin.com//sports/david-hi...is-the-closer/

yeah, he's an Arsenal fan, but this piece is great.