Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 01:35 AM

Default Re: San Francisco Bay Area: Your favorite things to do or places to go

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

One good thing SF truly lacks - decent pick up hoops.

[/ QUOTE ]

So true. It's killing me inside man.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh... the public in general is never really any good.

I think you need to join leagues to find any real competition if you had a solid squad.

Another place I like to play at is Palega (Silver, it's uh... near San Bruno St.) and Chinatown Recreation Center (Although people complain that the people there are terrible.)

I play there because they're free, open gyms.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in a few leagues and I drive to other places to play all the time. I've found pretty high quality runs with some Pro-Am guys.

It's just crazy to me that there aren't 20 basketball nuts like me in a city this big who would go out every day to play pick-up. I guess I could get a gym membership to the Bay Club or whatever it's called, but I'm broke.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trying to find a good pickup game as well. Delores Park sometimes has run, there's been times I've passed by when it's empty as well. I live by Glen Park, so the Marina is just too far. I might check out that spot down on Silver.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:10 AM

If any of you SF people want something to do, my friends are holding our 4th annual Chili Cookoff in Golden Gate park next weekend. Very informal, lots of chili eatin, beer drinkin', and drunk kickball(sloshball). I will be bringin in my chipotle sriracha chili.

PM me for details or check it out here...

SH Chili cookoff
Old 10-08-2007, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know of any good Mongolian BBQ places in the city, daly city, or even the penninsula?

[/ QUOTE ]

There is one about to open in downtown San Mateo very soon....Like in 2 weeks.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Indy,

Do you know what it is/going to be called?

Thanks.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know of any good Mongolian BBQ places in the city, daly city, or even the penninsula?

[/ QUOTE ]

There is one about to open in downtown San Mateo very soon....Like in 2 weeks.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Indy,

Do you know what it is/going to be called?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know what it will be called, but its gonna open Nov 1st and its on Elsworth right next to the Elsworth restaurant.

On a side note, I went to Osha Thai in the Marina today based on recommendations in this thread and I wasn't really that impressed. In my humble opinion, the best Thai restaurant in the USA is Coconut Bay, in Burlingame, CA.

Indy
Old 10-28-2007, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I recently moved from the Mission to the West Portal area, and have to admit that it's a greatly underloved area. While it's true that the wheather is a bit worse than that of the Mission / P. Hill / China Basin - the area has quite a bit to offer. From arguably the best Burger in the city at Bullshead to great sando's at the Sub Center to world class golf at Harding Park - there's quite a bit out that way. Not to mention I live in a 3 story house with a great backyard and TONS of both parking and storage for only $650 / mo. for the master bedroom.

Quite happy w. the area.

[/ QUOTE ]

I lived in the West Portal area when I first moved up here. It's just very boring there and always cloudy.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I recently moved from the Mission to the West Portal area, and have to admit that it's a greatly underloved area. While it's true that the wheather is a bit worse than that of the Mission / P. Hill / China Basin - the area has quite a bit to offer. From arguably the best Burger in the city at Bullshead to great sando's at the Sub Center to world class golf at Harding Park - there's quite a bit out that way. Not to mention I live in a 3 story house with a great backyard and TONS of both parking and storage for only $650 / mo. for the master bedroom.

Quite happy w. the area.

[/ QUOTE ]

I lived in the West Portal area when I first moved up here. It's just very boring there and always cloudy.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds like my type of place to live.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:43 PM

Ok well as promised, the new HotPot place in San Mateo is called "Little Lamb Mongolian Hot Pot" and its dayum good. Wife and I went there for lunch today and its like 42 bucks after tip but very very very good. Their website is xfyhotpot.com and the address is 215 S. Ellsworth Ave.

GL, Indy(PS there are only two of these restaurants in the USA, but 700 locations in China and 4 in Canada)
Old 11-06-2007, 09:02 PM

So I'm going to be driving into the city Saturday morning from Merced. I love going to San Francisco, but I always end up getting owned by parking, so this time I decided I'd ask you guys.

I'm just staying for the day, and hope to hit the Farmer's Market Saturday morning, and wouldn't mind using public transit the rest of the day. So does anyone have any parking secrets (for the day) near the ferry building or other convenient spots?
Old 11-06-2007, 10:07 PM

Av,

OK. Here's a sweet secret parking lot for you.

Howard between 5th and 6th. On weekends it is only $5, cash only though, no change.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Av,

OK. Here's a sweet secret parking lot for you.

Howard between 5th and 6th. On weekends it is only $5, cash only though, no change.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF THIS IS AMAZING (GOOGLE MAPS)