Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2006, 01:27 PM

Default Fun Hand Analysis Contest--Win Free $250

***Whoever wins, I will Neteller transfer the aforementioned prize money by tomorrow afternoon.

Full Tilt Poker
$0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
CO: $66.35
BTN: $100.45
SB: $163.55
BB: $33.45
Hero (UTG): $110.85
MP: $99.60

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($1.5, 6 players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $43</font>, MP folds, CO folds, <font color="red">BTN raises all in to $100.45</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls $57.45

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($202.4, 2 players)
No action

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] ($202.4, 2 players)
No action

<font color="black">River:</font> 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] ($202.4, 2 players)
No action

<font color="black">Results:</font>
BTN had A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a pair of Queens)
Hero had 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a flush, Ace high) and won $199.40
Final Pot: $199.40 ($3.00 rake)

The contest objective is to answer these 6 questions correctly:

1. Explain my preflop RAISE action correctly-why I did what I did.
2. Explain my preflop CALL action correctly-why I did what I did.
3. Does my preflop RAISE play lose or win money in the long run?
4. Does my preflop CALL play lose or win money in the long run (not given what he actually had)?
5. Explain specifically my preflop INSTA-call.

6. *Bonus Question: Being results-oriented (given that he had AhQh), do I actually win or lose money in the long run by making the call, and how much do I win or lose?

*The bonus question does NOT have to be answered, or it can be answered in a broad estimate, but if multiple people get the first 5 correct, the person who answers question 6 the best will win.

**One post attempt by any given poster, and only with one scenario (however I have the power to grant any poster an additional attempt via, "try again").

**If I coach you or otherwise have discussed this hand with you, you are DQ'ed from the contest.

**You must be a SSNL player/poster, no NL 600 regs+ allowed [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

**Contest ends midnight tonight!

Comments to set up the hand:

*I am playing NL 100 to coach someone. I normally play 3/6 NL, 5/10 NL, and HU NL games.

*In HU NL games, and in games where I feel I have an edge, I sometimes do "crazy" things to help my table image. This does NOT mean in any way that I did anything in this hand to that effect, at all...I'm just stating this for information about who I am and how villains possibly perceive me.

*My image at this table is tag or very slight lag, around 23/17, and I've been decently active (by far the most active preflop raiser at the table), but I've not been running well at all, and my image is probably pretty bad-I don't think people respect me that I have great hands, just b/c I've not been able to show down winners. The table has seen me lose a lot of medium pots where I've had to fold, and one re-raised pot where I lost my whole stack (I had AQ and villain flopped aces up).

*The rest of the table is pretty typically Full Tilt NL 100...some tight/passive, others loose/passive, maybe 1 tag in there, or 1 lag. Pretty standard table.

*Villain in this hand has been here for 60 of my 150 hands. His stats after 61 hands are approx. 26/10.

*When it was villain's turn to act, he thought for about 45% of his time before pushing.

*When it came back around to me, I insta-called, literally not using 1 full second of my clock.

*I like CTS.

Lastly, there is some information in this thread that is possibly misleading, but most simply leading. Use your own discretion; everything I wrote is true. Good luck!

Edited: I needed to fix my "postflop" talk to "preflop call of his all in".
Old 12-19-2006, 01:34 PM

Default Re: Fun Hand Analysis Contest--Win Free $250

[ QUOTE ]
1. Explain my preflop action correctly-why I did what I did.
2. Explain my postflop action correctly-why I did what I did.
3. Does my preflop play lose or win money in the long run?
4. Does my postflop play lose or win money in the long run (not given what he actually had)?
5. Explain specifically my postflop INSTA-call.

6. *Bonus Question: Being results-oriented (given that he had AhQh), do I actually win or lose money in the long run by making the call postflop, and how much do I win or lose?

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF!???!??

There is no postflop dude, check your converter.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:35 PM

43BB PFR with A8s: standard. Ship the $250.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:38 PM

made it look like a bluff -&gt; got your man to commit ... pm me for neteller details
Old 12-19-2006, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] I lose. UUUGhhghhghhhh. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] I think you deserve a $50 side-pot for wit there, nh lol [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2006, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. Explain my preflop action correctly-why I did what I did.
2. Explain my postflop action correctly-why I did what I did.
3. Does my preflop play lose or win money in the long run?
4. Does my postflop play lose or win money in the long run (not given what he actually had)?
5. Explain specifically my postflop INSTA-call.

6. *Bonus Question: Being results-oriented (given that he had AhQh), do I actually win or lose money in the long run by making the call postflop, and how much do I win or lose?

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF!???!??

There is no postflop dude, check your converter.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's been fixed. By "postflop", I was talking about the preflop call on my part.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You win! j/k, lol good one [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2006, 01:40 PM

are you [censored] serious ? I almost died laughing as it is .. donīt tell me the converter didnīt screw up lol
Old 12-19-2006, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
are you [censored] serious ? I almost died laughing as it is .. donīt tell me the converter didnīt screw up lol

[/ QUOTE ]

No; the converter is 100% correct.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1. Explain my preflop RAISE action correctly-why I did what I did.
It was either a misclick, or you like to do crazy things like this for metagame reasons.
2. Explain my preflop CALL action correctly-why I did what I did.
[b]Well, you are getting good odds, plus you have the ability to a make the nut flush. If the opponent has a 99-KK, you still have an overcard. Also, metagame again. (OMG HE CALLED WITH A8s?!?!)[b]
3. Does my preflop RAISE play lose or win money in the long run?
[b] I'm gonna say win money, not because of the actual EV of raising this much, but because people will think you are crazy. The actual play itself, in a vacuum, loses money. The play as metagame, wins money.[b]
4. Does my preflop CALL play lose or win money in the long run (not given what he actually had)?
[b] I think it loses in the long run. No worse hands are ever calling, sometimes you will be coinflipping, but most of the you are dominated. Although, again, metagame.[b]
5. Explain specifically my preflop INSTA-call.
[b] Pot odds, metagame etc. See 2.[b]
6. *Bonus Question: Being results-oriented (given that he had AhQh), do I actually win or lose money in the long run by making the call, and how much do I win or lose?
[b] Not sure, I'm not a math guy[b]

[/ QUOTE ]

I gave it my best shot [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]