Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 03:52 AM

Default Re: When should the dealer push the chips to the winning player

Any professional dealer should know that the pot should not be awarded until all losing hands are killed. That is the answer to your initial question. In the case of a dealer error, when a hand that is clearly a winner is killed and the pot is awarded to a losing hand, usually a player will have until the start of the next hand to ask for a ruling. In some cases, and I have personally had to do this, the pot can be suspended by the house and the game asked to continue while a ruling is being made. (this may include review of the cameras, or asking other players at the table what they saw). As for the woman not wanting to give up the pot... she is clearly wrong and should understand that she held the losing hand and does not deserve the pot. I hate when people think they deserve to win due to dealer error!!
Old 08-31-2007, 05:58 AM

At what point in pushing pot, scooping board, and washing deck did your tongue fall out of your head and your arms fall off your torso and the rest of your body become completely immobile? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is how the action went on the river.

I turn over my hand and declare k high (Mistake on my part), The woman declares a pair of fours (at this point the dealer has already started to push her the pot). The woman turns over her cards. I am looking at her hand 94s in disbeleef. I look up at the board and the dealer has just scooped the board I ask him to relay out the board.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:21 AM

lets look at the positives:

1. OP tabled his hand
2. OP didn't let go of his hand.
3. OP spoke right up after the 2 seconds it took to realize her pair was counterfeit.
4. Floor made the right call.

woot
Old 08-31-2007, 07:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
she calls alls bets and then turns up her hand to see if she won anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you clone her a few million times? We could all retire early.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know of several places that are like this. It is harder to win than you think, it is not poker, it is just who will have the best hand in the end?
But, if you insist, google cardrooms in Northern CA. Then go to mapquest and you will soon find yourself in "Nofold 'em Hell"
Old 08-31-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At what point in pushing pot, scooping board, and washing deck did your tongue fall out of your head and your arms fall off your torso and the rest of your body become completely immobile? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is how the action went on the river.

I turn over my hand and declare k high (Mistake on my part), The woman declares a pair of fours (at this point the dealer has already started to push her the pot). The woman turns over her cards. I am looking at her hand 94s in disbeleef. I look up at the board and the dealer has just scooped the board I ask him to relay out the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds like you did what you needed to do to protect your hand but the dealer started pushing her the chips as soon as she announced her pair of 4's. He should have waited until she tabled them. Your misread didn't help things but the dealer is supposed to wait until he sees the winning hand tabled or all other hands mucked before he pushes the pot.