Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2006, 06:08 PM

Default Re: River Value Bet?

cool. thanks.

After playing small stakes, mixed games, and a lot of tourneys lately, I'm finding myself overthinking really easy stuff.
Old 12-22-2006, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Grunch. Check/Call. I'd hate to get raised here. I think the only reasonable hand that he would call and you would beat is JJ or AT but with either of those hands I think he'd have raised on the flop.

Looks like a missed flush to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

In an effort to learn from my first grunch post(above), I'm bumping this to get some feedback on my post. The consensus is that this is a value bet. Why? What are they calling with? If I value bet it's because I feel I'm best and there are hands that can call that I have beat. Both of those prereq's have to be met in my head. Am I wrong?
Old 12-22-2006, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Grunch. Check/Call. I'd hate to get raised here. I think the only reasonable hand that he would call and you would beat is JJ or AT but with either of those hands I think he'd have raised on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

In an effort to learn from my first grunch post(above), I'm bumping this to get some feedback on my post. The consensus is that this is a value bet. Why? What are they calling with? If I value bet it's because I feel I'm best and there are hands that can call that I have beat. Both of those prereq's have to be met in my head. Am I wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero bet the turn for value. It's very unlikely that a deuce helped the villain, unless he's a nit, which we don't have the evidence to assume. Bet the river for the same reason as turn - you hand is still the best, most likely. What ands will call you that you have beat? At these levels A7, Ax, Tx, 88, 99, JJ. If it's a busto flush draw, you are not making any money on it anyway ... but have an added advantage of not showing your hand if he folds!
Old 12-22-2006, 07:37 PM

**Grunch**

I always bet this river. Even though villian only has a .7 AF In the long run you will make money. Situtations like this one come up all the time for me (and I would assume others too). A high % of the time I get called with an inferior hand.
Old 12-22-2006, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No where in this hand has villian shown any aggression. I'm betting every chance i get until someone gives me a reason not to.