Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 10:30 AM

Default Re: Do all guys go through the \"chase is more fun\" stage?

The thrill of pursuing successfully >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>> The thrill of being pursued...

I love challenges and thrive on them... I love chatting up women...

I don't think I'll ever stop doing this....when I'm settled down though I'm highly unlikely to cheat... but its still nice to know you've got it...
Old 10-09-2007, 05:36 AM

Do you realize you are trying to determine what your preferences should be by asking other people about their preferences. And, no insult intended, but it is going to be a skewed sample. You might have better luck asking people for suggestions on how you can figure out what you want. Personally I think past behavior is the best indication of your underlying desires.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:24 AM

The grass is always greener.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:44 AM

Im pretty convinced that none of us, no matter who you are, are nowhere near worldly/mature enough to decide whether you want to get married in your 20s. Im not worried about it in the least, and Jur I have thought about it too, added to teh fact that of all my friends, the ones who are 22-30 are the ones who bitch about their long time gf/wife, and none of those guys were ever really excited on their wedding day, but my friends who were older (35ish) when they got married were all pumped, and talk about how much they love/how good of a girl their wife is.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a pretty serious girlfriend now and even though I can probably do better, I'm putting some serious thought into just settling in with her out of convenience.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is [censored] absurd. What's the over/under on how long until he cheats?
Old 10-09-2007, 11:26 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 10-09-2007, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The grass is always greener.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is probably the best answer.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:36 PM

I’m 24, and your situation seems to be completely normal. The majority of my friends are within two years of me and only a few of them are in serious long term relationships, though one is married. I don’t know if this applies to you, but right after college a lot of the guys and almost all of the girls found significant others to deal with the relative boredom of working life. I’m not saying they didn’t care at all about their relationships, but this group pretty universally found boy/girlfriends a month after starting work when they didn’t date anyone consistently through all of college to fill some sort of other void they were feeling.

I still enjoy being young and an idiot, but I’m also inexperienced in terms of serious relationships and have also found myself wondering what one might be like recently. I’m not sure what you mean by moving on a little, but I do find myself wanting to try new things and meet people outside of the bars/clubs that I mostly frequent w/ my main group of friends and have been doing some different stuff. If that leads to meeting a different type of girl I would seriously date instead of one night stand, that’s cool, but I think it’s weird to feel left out and then artificially get yourself into a mentality where you tell yourself, “Ok, it’s tiem to be in a LTR b/c my friends are getting married. Let’s do this.’
Old 10-09-2007, 02:59 PM

fwiw, ive always loved the chase, the thrill of accomplishment at closing the deal, the knowledge and confidence to approach someone knowing they are going to like me and i wont fk it up. ive been with same girl for a year and a half. when i first met her i had no aspirations whatsoever of having a girlfriend or being involved with just one girl. i dno what happened, shes just too awesome to give up to get back in the hunt. also, i dont see myself getting married until im ready to have kids, which will prob be early 30s.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:06 PM

"Only people of a certain disposition are frightened of being alone for the rest of their lives at the age of 26"