Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2007, 12:23 AM

Default 64s turn play

Weird ass hand. I [censored] up on my flop bet but mmm.

Reads: Betting villan (Button) is a very loose player that has called many of my raises previously. He shows down some weird hands but doesn't seem terribly aggro. I've seen him make some pretty bad calls in the previous orbits (large pots with 2nd pair, etc). I think he's donkish.

Other guy, the BB, is a very loose passive player. He doesn't have much aggression at all and I think his hand range is very wide. (Pair + draw) alot/etc.

As stated previously, Hero should have a TAG image, though I doubt anyone here notices. Stacks are awkward.

So, messed up flop bet. Turn play...?

Absolute Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $411.55
orange: $755.04
CO: $358.26
Button: $109.55
SB: $189
BB: $392

Pre-flop: (6 players) orange is UTG+1 with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">orange raises to $6</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($25, 4 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">orange bets $16</font>, CO folds, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($73, 3 players)
BB checks, orange just bets again?
Old 08-20-2007, 01:10 AM

Default Re: 64s turn play

What would make you think of even betting $16? Seems so random...

As played, yes just shove him in.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:14 AM

Preflop is eww imo. I just fold it. I check the flop. As played turn bet is a must.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:14 AM

I think I check since BTN is loose and may bet small and entice BB to call, which you can get great odds by overcalling/shoving.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:16 AM

The stack sizes of the two players make this pretty interesting IMO. I think this is a decent semi bluff spot usually but do we have enough equity to call in all it if we bet and button moves in? Not to mention we still have BB to deal with (granted he has checked through two streets).
Old 08-20-2007, 01:30 AM

Rollos,

Please don't dumb down this thread with weak tight crap like, 'eww preflop is gross...fold'. The only thing 'eww' is the insinuation that we all play by the book opening standard poker.

Thac,

I don't think we want to entice BB to come along here. If he does we are behind and have to hit. I think the value of FE (which is very prevelant here) outways the value of maximizing on the times we gamble it up and hit.

Just to make things clear, I feel BB has crap very often. My FE (hope) is aimed at BN. If BB does come along we are behind 100% but wtf ever at that point. Squeezing the BN here is the gem of the hand.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:32 AM

Yeah jloc you're right. So you're suggesting checking to BN and letting him bet or shoving here right now?
Old 08-20-2007, 01:35 AM

I dont like shoving at all. I think it is spew because simply because BB has to have a hand some % of the time and I think when he does we are going to be way behind. Does button call with a lot of hands we are ahead of here? Given oranges reads here I dont know that a bet is best especially against someone we are going to have a relatively low FE against. Is this correct?
Old 08-20-2007, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Rollos,

Please don't dumb down this thread with weak tight crap like, 'eww preflop is gross...fold'. The only thing 'eww' is the insinuation that we all play by the book opening standard poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
I just don't think I need to give much explanation for such an obvious -EV play. Raising preflop with a suited one gapper in UTG+1 with two loose players behind you, one of which is the big blind, is just plain bad, especially with such a weak preflop raise.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:40 AM

can we get back to the situation at hand? I dont think pf is terrible given that there are some very large stacks at the table