Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2006, 08:05 AM

Default Bodog Software Update

About a week and half ago you guys may have recalled an update. The Bodog team devoted 100% of its resources to the crashing issue. Through informal opinions I am hearing things are much more stable. I am curious to get people's response. I know there are likely still a few issues and those are being worked on but what I am curious about is whether your experience lately has been better.

I am asking for criticism so if you can keep it constuctive and positive I would really appreciate that.

Beanie

PS I just want to say that the thread on this forum helped a lot and the developers want to thank you guys for your contribution.
Old 12-23-2006, 09:19 AM

Default Re: Bodog Software Update

The most honest and consturctive criticism I can give is to go back to the old software.

Or at very least completely scrap the one you have now.

I have not played there since you switched the software.

JW
Old 12-23-2006, 09:30 AM

I like the software, but being able to resize the windows so i can use the rest of my screen would be good imprvement.

As for crashing, its crashed on me once, but i think that was more to do with using too much crap on my comp at once as VC crashed at the same time.

Do people have the software crash when they have it as seperate windows, cos i use that other view with one big window and two small and it seems to allviate the problem.
Old 12-23-2006, 09:57 AM

I know resizable tables is coming but the main priority is stabilizing the client. I think this update fixed many of those problems.

For Josie I would suggest you give it a shot soon, the difference isn't that great any longer now that the tables work like they used to work.

Clearly they aren't going to go back to a system that was outdated and more unstable with all of the improvements and development they have done.

And I didn't switch anything, I am just here in absence of anyone else. People asked for help and so I decided I would.
Old 12-23-2006, 11:25 AM

I deposited $10k into Bodog immediately after the US ban; however, I have not played more than 5 hands there.

My main issue is only being allowed to play 3 tables. This is ridiculously low and rather ancient. I think the current software model is prohibiting expanding this limit which proves the short sightedness of the development team IMHO.
Old 12-23-2006, 11:54 AM

Sorry I can not help on the criticism. I have no problems at all before or after the new software.
Old 12-23-2006, 12:20 PM

crashed twice last nite..No biggie..
Still love the Dog
Old 12-23-2006, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I deposited $10k into Bodog immediately after the US ban; however, I have not played more than 5 hands there.

My main issue is only being allowed to play 3 tables. This is ridiculously low and rather ancient. I think the current software model is prohibiting expanding this limit which proves the short sightedness of the development team IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess the answer to your question isn't that it is unimportant to them it is just less important than other things at the moment. I have clearly explained to them this is a deal killer for some people. In their defense Bodog is not trying to cater to good players that multi table, they are trying to get fish and make the client usable for that customer. Their belief is that if they get the fish good players will come. I sort of agree with them. 3 tables and no poker tracker is likely what makes the games on Bodog so meaty.
Old 12-23-2006, 02:48 PM

beanie,

I'd like to clear something up about you. You said the following in your OP here:

"PS I just want to say that the thread on this forum helped a lot and the developers want to thank you guys for your contribution."

This tends to give the impression that you are officially connected to Bodog, or their development team. But then later you use the term "their belief".

So my question is how are you connected to them or are you at all?
Old 12-23-2006, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have not played there since you switched the software.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dealing my hands with the cards face down was enough for me.