Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2007, 04:37 PM

Default Private tourney on stars with blinds not going up and cheap rebuys

Hi, I have no clue where to post this so please tell me if this is in the wrong forum.

I am helping an event organizer who is having a party where he wants 6 people who get to know poker and can play through the internet against each other. The people should be able to play for a while but other people should have the opportunity to play when possible. It is important that the table consists of 6 accounts without interruption from others.

So basically the accounts should be able to rebuy at all time, while not being ejected from the tournament. This should at least last about 6 hour.

I thought about this and I thought I had a couple of options. I could make 6 accounts, get them seated at a 1C/2c table, and deposit enough money on their accounts so they couldn't go broke. The big problem is that I won't have any certainties that there won't be any intruders.

So I also heard that stars can make private tournaments, but they told me they are only willing to do this in the normal form (1500 chips and normal blindstructure). from another 2+2er I heard that they once organized a private tourney for 2+2 where blinds didn't go up and rebuys where 1c (or something likely). Now my question is, how do I convince stars to do this for me? I'm under the impression that they are capable of doing it or just don't want to.

I also wonder if I try this with the wrong site? Are other sites more userfriendly on this subject? Are other sites capable of helping me? Are there any other options where people would be able to play with each other and rebuy alot? Thinking about playmoney maybe? Is it possible to make private cash tables for playmoney anywhere? Off course we are willing to pay for the work put into this.

Any answers or advice is greatly appreciated!

ps: my appologies for the flawed English.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:52 PM

Default Re: Private tourney on stars with blinds not going up and cheap rebuys

have a look at pokerroom.com
you can make private tables there. i just had a quick look, but i think they might have what you're looking for
Old 09-29-2007, 09:56 PM

I agree. pokerroom.com is probably the best. You can play it over the web, there is no software to install. You can set up a private CASH table. Probably best for you is to set up a private PLAY MONEY table, since the stakes don't matter anyway.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:33 AM

thank you guys!
Old 10-01-2007, 10:48 PM

Does pokerroom.com allow private play money tables for anyone or do you have to have real money on deposit in order to set up the private play money table?
Old 10-02-2007, 11:39 AM

it looks like you can olny set up private tables for real money games on pokerroom.com