Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2007, 10:14 PM

Default Re: *** Official 07 AZ Cardinals probably will disappoint yet again **

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you basically aren't going anywhere this season, so you might as well get him to the best of his ability by playing him in all games so he learns how to play situations, etc. Also, if he can't run the no huddle properly or w/e, TEACH HIM the no huddle. Jeez, not hard. Also, yeah, I was really impressed with him last year, but this year I'm like wtf.

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong, this team has a strong offense on paper, and their competition is weak. defense isn't that bad, either. 2-3 and right in this thing in the NFC.

[/ QUOTE ]

They have a really good rush defense, both on paper, and in action. They have some weakness in the secondary, but their defense is pretty good.

I do agree, though, that Leinart has to learn the no huddle. When was the last time a QB platoon worked in the NFL?
Old 09-30-2007, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When was the last time a QB platoon worked in the NFL?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not in the modern era. Its just not practical. One guy is going to get the reps in practice and the other guy isn't.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:47 PM

warner's fervent christianity really helps in a platoon format. it might just work in this case
Old 09-30-2007, 10:53 PM

I have a feeling Matt slacked off this offseason and maybe even to start the season. He has looked awful at times when obv the offense is better than it was last year.

He obv doesn't have the ability to call his own plays and execute the way Warner can and the coaches are committed to Matt as their future..even Warner is in agreement on that.

This is a team that can easily win the division if it plays well game in game out.

This is a one season thing. Matt will be required to master the no huddle during the offseason instead of being on US Magazine ever week.

We would probably be better off with Warner in 24/7 though he would most likely get injured eventually.

But the team is obv tied to Matt and rightfully so...as long as he gets his [censored] together.

Cutler actually would have been the best fit for our offense.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:06 PM

If Matt slacked off in the offseason (probably true) then at least his troubles this season can be attributed to lack of focus rather than lack of talent. If this is the case, the problem can be easily solved. If on the other hand, he is just talent deficient, well then....

As far as the Cardinals being a winning team, they need to develop two intangibles qualities as a team they are lacking now:

1) killer instinct
2) ability to win road games
Old 09-30-2007, 11:12 PM

Wiz has said he had to scale back the playbook because Matt coulnt handle it. He also said Matt couldnt handle the no huddle cuz he didnt know the plays or which ones to run

all of this is mental...not physical.
Though he has been a bit to antsy in terms of committing to a pass etc.

He'll be fine.

The fact he came in and looked solid after being bench for awhile says enough about his moxie. Plus even Matt knows this is just a gimmick thing they are doing.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:14 PM

I'd cosign on the Leinart slacking off thing if I was remotely qualified to do so.

Also, perhaps it's because I remember Warner from circa 1999-2000 and keep thinking he's the same guy, but when he's not bobbling the ball he seems >>>>>>>> Leinart. At worst he's a really awesome backup to have around, because he supports his teammates and brings a lot of talent when called upon.

You guys are still suckers to care about a Bidwill-owned team, but I am happy they won. I've been super annoyed by all the Steelers fans around town the last couple of days, and am always happy to see the home team win.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:21 PM

Leinart showed many flashes of being a top 10 QB in his rookie year. For now, I'll just assume that the rumors of Leinart not working during the offseason (despite a new coach and system coming in) are true.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:53 PM

This year's team is much more physical on both sides of the ball than I ever remember seeing a Cardinals team. Denny Green made this team a finesse team and managed to assemble some talent. Now with a new coaching staff, this team has become physical and very similar to the Steelers (without the mystique, talent, etc of course)

I don't know about the 2 qb system, but I like the way the coach has been handling it. Today he got Leinhart back in after the Cards took the lead and the first play was play action. They are doing their best to gain him some more confidence
Old 10-01-2007, 02:30 AM

And they did it all today without their best player...

-d