Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: A player is cheated if his opponent ever calls the clock on him when the opponent has the nuts
Yes 0 0%
No 47 100.00%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-16-2007, 10:03 PM

Default Re: The Official NHL Playoffs Thread

Buffalo stole one, I give them all the credit in the world. I hope sens lose game 5 so I can go to game 6 to see this one close out. Would be fun [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-16-2007, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Buffalo stole one, I give them all the credit in the world. I hope sens lose game 5 so I can go to game 6 to see this one close out. Would be fun [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Bite yer tongue, lad.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Bite yer tongue, lad.

[/ QUOTE ]

no seriously, there's nothing like a little drama. Game 6 drama would harden the team for the finals. They need to face some adversity now, it can only help for later. It's been a little too easy till now. This is good...
Old 05-16-2007, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Bite yer tongue, lad.

[/ QUOTE ]

no seriously, there's nothing like a little drama. Game 6 drama would harden the team for the finals. They need to face some adversity now, it can only help for later. It's been a little too easy till now. This is good...

[/ QUOTE ]

one game yes, two games no. buffalo is good, ottawa cannot let them hang around.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:29 PM

Yah I have to admit I was glad when we won Game 5 in Ott last yr...there would've been enormous pressure looming home for Game 6 after being up 3-0.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Stick that broom up your [censored] ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-16-2007, 11:40 PM

I guess the road team has now won 7 of 9 the last two years in this series? Too bad Game 2 Miller & Game 3 Miller weren't reversed...
Old 05-17-2007, 08:14 AM

Even though we won game 4, the Sabres still didn't look great. We got way outshot and the crossbar helped our team often.

Ottawa is going to bring it in game 5.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Even though we won game 4, the Sabres still didn't look great. We got way outshot and the crossbar helped our team often.

Ottawa is going to bring it in game 5.

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks like I was way off in my prediction. D'oh. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

The Sens looked nervous to start the game, and the Sabres came out flying. Meszaros made a horrible give-away 9 seconds into the game to give the Sabres an easy goal. The Sabres second goal was scored on a 5 on 3 PP on a nice passing play that Emery had no chance to stop. However, the 3rd goal is what killed the Sens -- Emery should have made that save. When the Sens came back and scored 2 quick goals, that third weak goal that Emery let in ended up being the difference.

The Sabres looked really strong for the 1st half of the game, but the Sens were all over them for the last half. Were it not for Miller, the Sens would have come back and won the game. He made about 5 or 6 huge saves in the third period to keep the Sens from tying it up.

Ruff shortened his bench and kept trotting out the top two lines shift after shift. The 3rd and 4th lines barely touched the ice after the mid-point of the second period. This is a coach who has lost confidence in 1/2 of his team, which is an interesting turn of events considering how strong the Sabres were in playing a "team game" all season.

I really hope the Sens take game 5. They can't let any doubt creep into their minds. They've played extremely well in these playoffs, but I'm afraid that they still might be a fragile team mentally, due to their long history of choking in the playoffs. They need to come out strong on Saturday and put the Sabres away.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:11 PM

If I had to guess, whoever scores first in Game 5 wins. Crowd would be insane if Buffalo could get an early lead, maybe giving the Sabres added confidence. An early Sens goal could do the exact opposite.

I hate afternoon playoff games.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:33 PM

I think the big wild card nobody's talking about is that Saturday is an afternoon game. Those always [censored] everybody up, messing with the players schedules and routines. Anything can happen.

I'd really, really hate to see the Sabres climb back to 3-2.