Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: A player is cheated if his opponent ever calls the clock on him when the opponent has the nuts
Yes 0 0%
No 47 100.00%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-18-2007, 01:26 AM

Default Re: Brodeur looks human

I sold my tickets for the Ranger game last night. I suck.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I sold my tickets for the Ranger game last night. I suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pwned (Referring to you and Hotlantic)
Old 04-18-2007, 04:06 AM

That game was so satisfying(especially the 3rd period).

Even if we lose the next game in Anaheim, at least we showed what we are capable of when we play our game.

Great 5-1 victory guys(lol @ the disallowed Skoula goal).

Also, Thornton and May are both huge pussies, seriously, show some class.

And then we put Boogaard out after May's ridiculous cheap shot and Carlyle puts a bunch of little guys out who won't fight. If you want to fight, then fight, if not then take the loss like a [censored] man.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:30 AM

As a Rangers fan, is there any merit to me hoping they lose game 4? Those other series could take awhile and I've heard of teams struggling afer long layoffs. This team is on a roll and maybe a game 4 loss might not be that bad?
Old 04-18-2007, 10:38 AM

Default Re: Official NHL Playoff Thread 2007

[ QUOTE ]
As a Rangers fan, is there any merit to me hoping they lose game 4? Those other series could take awhile and I've heard of teams struggling afer long layoffs. This team is on a roll and maybe a game 4 loss might not be that bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

no - i suspect this is a myth. people just expect that if you swept the first series you should win handily in the next one as well.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There'll be plenty of time for struggling when they face Ottawa or Buffalo next round. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I see what you're saying, though. Ottawa finished off Tampa Bay quickly in the first round last year, and seemed to be on cruise control heading into their series with Buffalo. A week and a half later they were eliminated from the playoffs, still trying to figure out what hit them.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
where's the contradiction?

i guess w/ hossa - but the thrashers have been pretty bad. there's no excuse losing 7-0 in a playoff game. the rangers were also excellent tonight, from what i saw.

i picked the rangers to win the series - just didn't think it would be this soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was watching TSN this morning and they were showing two instances from last night's game where Kovalchuk was near a Rangers puck-carrier who was breaking into the Atlanta zone. Rather than trying to make a defensive play, Kovalchuk instead skated towards the Atlanta bench to come off on a change. It's obvious that he could care less about what's happening on the ice. The Rangers ended up scoring in both instances.

I don't agree with Don Cherry very often...but I think he has a point when he says that many European players just don't care about the playoffs. They're here for a paycheque, and want to get home as quickly as possible once the regular season is over. There are some exceptions, of course, but the exceptions are completely overshadowed by guys like Kovalchuk and Yashin.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:34 AM

I didn't get to see the Rangers game last night - did they give any explanation for Atlanta's goalie switch? Makes absolutely no sense to me.

Go Rangers!
Old 04-18-2007, 11:40 AM

yashin and kovalchuk are outliers - and kovalchuk does care about winning in the playoffs, problem is he takes super long shifts and probably wanted to come off after that.

you can't tell me that most european players don't care - they do care, it's just guys who are great enough like kovalchuk can not care. you also can't tell me yashin didn't care in his first playoff experience.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That game was so satisfying(especially the 3rd period).

Even if we lose the next game in Anaheim, at least we showed what we are capable of when we play our game.

Great 5-1 victory guys(lol @ the disallowed Skoula goal).

Also, Thornton and May are both huge pussies, seriously, show some class.

And then we put Boogaard out after May's ridiculous cheap shot and Carlyle puts a bunch of little guys out who won't fight. If you want to fight, then fight, if not then take the loss like a [censored] man.

[/ QUOTE ]

After that incident, both May and Thornton were out of the game and Parros wasn't dressed. We only had "little guys" left. Anyway, nobody but Parros is ever going to be fighting Boogaard. We learned our lesson with Fedoruk.