Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 12:55 PM

Default Re: Heartland Poker Tour Upcoming Events & they\'re coming 2 Denver are

Danielle, were you able to get your day moved from Tuesday (since you said you were going out of town)? If so, what day are you playing?
Old 10-08-2007, 12:57 PM

I didn't get it moved...but moved my business trip! That is pathetic! LOL

So I will be playing tonight and tomorrow.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:23 PM

LOL ... moving your business trip for a poker event? Congrats Danielle, you are indeed a true poker degen then (like myself I might add)! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

See you up there tonight then!
Old 10-08-2007, 08:32 PM

I played in the Sunday night qualifier and bubbled out... in 32nd or 33rd place. I was working a short stack since the first break. The satellites were pretty easy, but the qualifier had a lot of very good players in it. I do I think a lot of people severely underestimate just how good the tournament players are in Colorado. Maybe it's because the cash games are so terrible, the best poker here probably is the tournaments and the best local players are in the tournaments. There were 5-6 very good players with WSOP bracelets and multiple WSOP/WPT cashes at my table. It's no cruise to the money.

Anyway, my story is I busted out because I lost a couple decent size pots and was working a short stack pretty much from the first break all the way to the end. I just couldn't catch anything to get back ahead of the antes. I busted out in 33rd place because I didn't have enough to be able to coast in and went in with 44 and ran up against KK. I even hit my set, but what do you know, he did too. What luck. Oh well. It was a good time.

Meh. I'm not going to keep trying. I bought into my one $75 and almost made it into the ME. I'm not really a tournament player any more (used to play SNGs for about a year before switching back to cash), although that was pretty fun, so I might pick it up again.

Good luck to those who made it into the main event. Maybe I'll catch you on my TiVo.

As for how fast everything goes at the end, it really started to go quick once the antes hit 200. 65 down to 40 went pretty quickly. 40 to 35 went quicker yet. 35 to 30 didn't go quick enough for me. If you have 30-40k with 35-40 people left, start coasting. You don't have that high an M, but you can make it. If you've got 60k-80k with 40 people left, just go to the bar.

I did see two pretty good hands last night. One was JJ vs. KK vs. ATs, the JJ hit quad Js and tripled up. Then, there was AA vs. KK vs. QQ. The AA held up and tripled. They both then coasted to the end.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:26 PM

Congrats on your entry into the HPT!
I enjoyed your post tremendously as it shows you really have good command of your poker game!
I played a handful or so of the satellites, but played so poorly I'm sending myself back to school. :>
Good luck in the tourney!
Old 10-09-2007, 01:07 AM

Meh ... busted out in the first hour on my 2nd try. I was wiped out from last night (I just can't stay up like I could when I was in my 20's).

As such,Donkella happily escaped her cage and was my undoing.

I went out after I tried to bluff on the river when I missed my nut flush draw.

I have 3 more tries left, Wednesday night, Thursday night, and Friday morning.

BTW, they've sold out of Tuesday night, and when I left there was a line out the door of people signing up for Wednesday night.

I was also told they are (now) considering inserting alternates for the ME if they oversell the event (a very real possiblity I was told tonight).

I was told in addition, that if you play on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday nights, if the noon/10am events run over, then the 6:30 pm events won't start on time.

If for some reason come 1:30 am they are not down to 3 tables, then play will be stopped and chip totals taken.

Top 30 chip counts will then win the seats.

This is because they need to have everyone out the door and on the street by 2am, no exceptions.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:21 AM

So, Danielle, did you and/or your Hubby qualify last night?
Old 10-09-2007, 11:09 AM

One more thing BTW when I was there last night, the line to register for the Qualifiers was out the door of the poker room.

Tuesday was already sold out, and Wednesday was almost sold out, as were the other days.

Thus, if you want to play in this, I suggest you go up there tonight and register for Wednesday if open, but for sure Thursday or Friday.

Then if you want to play in a tourney tonight, you can always go over to either colorado station or the Gilpin to play in one there, or play some live action (puke, I hate colorado live action poker period) at the Gates (as the Gates does have a really nice poker room I must admit).
Old 10-09-2007, 11:21 AM

How are the cash games at the Gates right now? The same as usual?
Old 10-09-2007, 11:26 AM

I wouldn't know, Colorado live action poker makes me want to puke (I hate it that much).

BTW, is anyone here, planning on going up to Deadwood next week/weekend (the 10th through the 21st), to play in the HPT there?

I have plane and hotel reservations, but I've spent a tad too much on the HPT event up in Blackhawk, so I'm really unsure now if I'm going up there or not.

What would REALLY suck, is where I've paid here in Qualifiers the amount I could of paid in Deadwood, yet not actually get to play in the ME here.