Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 05:59 PM

Default a few live hands

i've taken a long hiatus from seriously playing poker, and this was my first live tournament, so i'm very rusty. anyway, how do you play these hands?

$30 multi rebuys+addon tourney. 1st is $3500. hero is in for one rebuy (didn't know it was a rebuy tourney from what my friend told me. crazy guy during rebuy period paid for my rebuy and doubled me up)

Hand 1:

Level 25/50

MP1 and MP2 open limp, folded to CO who limps,

hero limps on the button with A5o, blinds complete and check

300 in the pot

Flop: A 5 T with spades, checked to hero who bets 200, MP1 and 2 call.

900 in the pot

Turn comes 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], checked around

River comes a K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

MP1 checks, mp2 bets 400.

how much are you raising? MP2 has about 2300 behind and hero has him covered.

2nd hand:

Level 100/200 with a 25 ante. still 9 handed

Big blind is aggressive chipleader at the table and seated to hero's left. Hero has 4150 in chips, BB has about 11k.

folded around to hero in SB and hero raises to 600 with J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], BB calls.

Flop: T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero bets 800 and BB calls after very short thought.

turn: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] bringing a flush. hero checks and BB bets 900. hero has about 2600 left here. line?

3rd hand:
6 tables left and 2 get paid. level 200/400 with 50 ante, 8 handed this hand.

UTG has about 14k, UTG+1 with 9k, hero has 2550 after posting the big blind.

villain hand 2 is now UTG and limps, UTG+1 limps, both have hero covered (UTG still being the chip leader). folded to hero in BB with 58o and we check.

flop is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]67 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. hero has 1 heart in his hand.

first to act, what are we doing?
Old 08-22-2007, 12:39 AM

Default Re: a few live hands

Hand 1:

Ax is not going to fold on the turn to a 1/2 pot bet so I would go ahead and fire. That sets up a nice size value bet on the river. Or, if villian donks into you like he did here its easy to get him all-in.

As played, pump it to 1k-1.2k

Hand 2:

Bleh, I prob muck here. Thats like the perfect card for him so he pretty much has to have air or a 5 for you to be good. If you think he's floating you then jamming is ok.

Incidentally, I like to mix up my open raises and sb limps. With a big stack to my left and a hand like J7s I prob just open limp.

It keeps the pot smaller against an aggressive player allowing room for more manuverability oop and some loser calls than if you were against a tighter player.

Hand 3:

Push is ok, but I prob check/fold or if it gets checked through push a blank turn.

Live players are kind of nitty when it comes to calling all-ins pf so I think you actually have some FE to open push with in the next orbit and try to grind your stack back.

Hope this was useful.

Jarid