Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2007, 05:50 PM

Default Re: ferguson from 12k to 26k

[ QUOTE ]
iv never seen him play @ my table, and i grind a ton (I have an iron man icon w/ my avatar), which leads me to believe he hasnt made 26k and FT is just BSing us.

[/ QUOTE ]

i mean, the guy went from 600 to 17.5k in less than a month, yet theres no stats........just a graph about how he rode 6 bucks for 6 months and then a total bankroll graph that seems to grow like a weed.

the more i think of it, the more it seems like bs. its almost a slap in the face of anyone with intelligence. 600 to 17.5k in way less than a month.......short stacking and hardly ever playing, and when i do rarely see him play, i dont see him winning at an alarming rate. actually, i see him usually lose.

if he made the majority of this money.......now at over 27k.......through donkaments, then cool, but he should at least post results on his website.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That is true. Ill tell you the real reason.

Chris never plays, and when he does he is always losing.
When it first started 0-10k, he made like 5$ and would rarely play. People would ask how much he had, and it would change daily even if he just started. Its such BS.

FullTilt wants these idiots to deposit $50 to try what chris did, and lose it. So they keep depositing 100 times, and just donate to FT.

[/ QUOTE ]

FT is a tough site to embark on such a project, but regardless, all Ferguson is demonstrating is the fact that poor bankroll management foils everyone, but if you manage your bankroll wisely, anyone can succeed. I'm doing something similar, and I have been doing very well at it.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

When it first started 0-10k, he made like 5$ and would rarely play. People would ask how much he had, and it would change daily even if he just started. Its such BS.

FullTilt wants these idiots to deposit $50 to try what chris did, and lose it. So they keep depositing 100 times, and just donate to FT.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i'm not acusing chris of bs just yet but i am very skeptical. espeacially considering that there is charity tied into his supposed winnings.

i notice a lot of charity ties to poker these days. they make it well known on espn about who is donating how much to whom ever with their donkament winnings.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:59 PM

Don't many people datamine the FT tables? I also think this is BS. The best short stackers have very marginal earn rates. And even if he went on a huge heater I just can't see it making that big a deal when he's playing with 1/5th stacks and ratholing.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
does he actually play as Chris Ferguson or does he go by a different screen name?

[/ QUOTE ]

He uses the name David Benyamine.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FT is a tough site to embark on such a project, but regardless, all Ferguson is demonstrating is the fact that poor bankroll management foils everyone, but if you manage your bankroll wisely, anyone can succeed. I'm doing something similar, and I have been doing very well at it.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, but how many hours a day are you playing? chris plays in his spare time at best and makes incrimental jumps of epic proportions.

c'mon.......600 into 17.k in less than a month......practicing strict bankroll management.........in his spare time.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:25 PM

The man is a God, well at least a Jesus.

Razz FTW
Old 10-28-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
does he actually play as Chris Ferguson or does he go by a different screen name?

[/ QUOTE ]

All FTP pros play with there real names and with an avatar that looks like them.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:35 PM

He is horrible at Razz
Old 10-28-2007, 07:44 PM

If he's been playing $10/$20 PLO then it's very possible he could go on a $15k heater. The graph also shows a $10k downswing. It is not all made up anyway, the $104 tournament win mentioned here http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/chris-ferguson-challenge did happen and he's up about $3k in the last year in tournaments.