Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 12:43 AM

Default Re: how stupid does the ap poll get?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
usc #9 over south florida, kentucky and florida? are you f'n kidding me???????? sorry but any one of those 3 teams would crush usc......at usc's present state.

the polls got it all wrong, they dont even have ucla in the top 25.

i'm telling anyone who cares that the 4 best teams out there is lsu, florida, kentucky and south florida.......in no particular order. they have been playing the toughest games.

ohio state? who have they beat? i always knew cal was phoney and now theyre where they should be. oklahoma has been historically phoney.......they already lost an easy one and they'll lose another down the road when it counts.......like they always do.

boston college? meh.

hands down.......your 4 bcs teams, south florida, florida, lsu and kentucky. yeah, they lost some tough games but thats exactly the point......they were tough games. these 4 teams play really really good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who is the rest of your top 10? Auburn, SC, Tennessse, Alabama, Mississippi State, and Georgia?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, but i'd put ucla somewhere in the top 25 though.

i cant see past the top 4:

south florida
lsu
florida
kentucky

boston college:

forget about it

ohio state:

if they beat penn state, i'll throw them on the top 5 list.......because i am kind.

kansas:

havent seen them play. got to watch them.

everyone else except for maybe oregon.........is unreliable and phoney..........like oklahoma.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
swissssssssssssssssssssssss,

First you need to understand that you win w/ talent not heart. You can have all the heart in the world but if you don't have the talent you aren't going to win--that is fact. Now two comparable teams, the mental preparation and that side of the game plays more into it...but it is talent first and foremost.

USF has won games b/c they were better than the other team, it had nothing to do w/ emotions that you somehow are weighing from your couch.

[/ QUOTE ]

what????????? havent u seen rocky?
Old 10-26-2007, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
math doesnt account for other intangibles like David Eckstein

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-26-2007, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

First you need to understand that you win w/ talent not heart. You can have all the heart in the world but if you don't have the talent you aren't going to win--that is fact. Now two comparable teams, the mental preparation and that side of the game plays more into it...but it is talent first and foremost.

USF has won games b/c they were better than the other team, it had nothing to do w/ emotions that you somehow are weighing from your couch.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so you admit that the "grit and heart" non-sense was a multi post level?
Old 10-26-2007, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
please dont give me a math example. it means nothing to me. math doesnt account for other intangibles like heart and grit and toughness.

[/ QUOTE ]

All his method does is say who has the most impressive wins and least bad losses! If "intangibles" help a team win then they should already be accounted for. Unless you're arguing that those four teams haven't shown any "heart and grit and toughness" so far this season but that they're about to do so now.

[/ QUOTE ]

how do you account for kentucky, that collectively as a team, doesnt give up?.......in tough games.

they remind me of the oakland warriors........they dont go away........you have to kill them.

i understand that the poles are based on paper stats, but anyone with football eyes can see who the best teams are......regardless of losses.

when they made cal #2, i told everyone that is the biggest mistake and where are they now? why all the goofy shuffling in the polls? why waste time? we already know who the best 4 teams are:

lsu
south florida
kentucky
florida

keep them in the top 4 and have a lottery for all the other bowl games and teams. anything outside of the top 4 win and lose to anyone so why rank them?

pfffft, usc better than kentucky???? are they insane? usc and kentucky play tomorrow.........i dare anyone to take usc.......straight up, forget about the spread.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's fiction.

Nice level though OP, I think you had us all going for awhile.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

pfffft, usc better than kentucky???? are they insane? usc and kentucky play tomorrow.........i dare anyone to take usc.......straight up, forget about the spread.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't think twice. You claim to be from around Stanford yet you think the Pac is "phony" and only SEC teams are good. Do you watch any Pac football? You moved there recently didn't you? From like Alabama? You do know LSU was one tipped ball away from completely exiting the national championship picture because their coach likes bold and aggressive moves too much?
Old 10-26-2007, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't think twice. You claim to be from around Stanford yet you think the Pac is "phony" and only SEC teams are good. Do you watch any Pac football? You moved there recently didn't you? From like Alabama? You do know LSU was one tipped ball away from completely exiting the national championship picture because their coach likes bold and aggressive moves too much?

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously, u would take usc? i'm not sure if thats what you meant.

no, after watching usc handle nebraska, i saw that speacial thing out of usc. they looked like men playing college kids.........THEY HAD STRENGTH......then the injuries came and i was sad for sure about usc. i thought it was usc and lsu all the way.

i still like usc if they can get it back together in time. if they get it back together towards the end and look the same way they did against nebraska......i put usc as number 1 or 2.

until then......i aint looking at them.......they stink.

i dont think pac ten is phoney......i just dont see anyone in the pac ten winning a big game against a top 4 team:

south florida
kentucky
lsu
florida
Old 10-26-2007, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

they remind me of the oakland warriors.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um...the OAKLAND Warriors? What the hell is that? This is either a great level or a class-A [censored].
Old 10-26-2007, 03:07 AM

My money's on the level, but I'd like to go back to the Dixon vs. "Teebo" point momentarily. Sure the passing stats are nearly identical but Tebow has also run for at least one TD in every game this year. Now if Dixon had done that too, then we could talk about them being comparable... oh, wait, what? I'm being told Dixon HAS run for a TD in every game this year [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

For the record, as an Oregon fan I would be willing to trade Dixon for Tebow straight up right now, but ONLY because Tebow is just a sophomore and he'd be >>> Costa next year. I'd rather have Dixon this year than Tebow this year, in the Oregon offense.