Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 02:39 PM

Default Re: 5/10: value?

[ QUOTE ]
I've only played about 2000 hands at 5/10 so I'm not really qualified to critique. Having said that, $290 (and especially $390) seems to turn hero's hand into a total bluff against anyone with a pulse. Unknown usually = donk, and donks will sometimes call with less, but we don't know for sure if villain sucks. And if villain got to this point with AQ+, he aint folding for $290 or $390. Seems to me checking is better.

Please to explain why I'm wrong Rent.

[/ QUOTE ]
Villains who take this line the whole way are usually making a light-call down and rarely have TPGK beat. Sometimes they will have like QJ or whatever but you will be amazed at the crap that will call you. I've gotten called by 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 in similar situations.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:53 PM

Default Re: 5/10: value?

[ QUOTE ]

Villains who take this line the whole way are usually making a light-call down and rarely have TPGK beat. Sometimes they will have like QJ or whatever but you will be amazed at the crap that will call you. I've gotten called by 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 in similar situations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, I don't see that happening too much at 2/4+ with the exception of the occasional 85/35 drooler. Villain is unknown. He gets to this point with QJ or less and he's gonna call $290 or $390 often enough to make the river "value bet" profitable? I don't see it.