Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 04:34 PM

Default 25NL Top set, raise river?

No reads on villain, this is his first orbit. I c-bet this flop 90% of the time, however, I'm trying to experiment with this. I know you need to bet with sets, but when it's a board like this, I feel like you see a fold over 90% of the time. With 66 on an A63 board, you get paid off by most aces. KK on a K78 board, I think that in most situations only the case king would call and he most likely doesn't have it. It is a drawy board, though, so in hindsight, I think I should have bet the flop anyway. If the flop came down K72, would you guys be in favor of checking behind?

As for the river, do you give a random villain credit for having hit his draw? Is this a call or a raise? Comments on all streets appreciated, as always.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($24.75)
BB ($167.65)
UTG ($32.10)
MP ($23.30)
Hero ($26.30)
Button ($12.85)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $0.90, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($2.25) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($2.25) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, SB calls $2.

River: ($8.25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $3</font>, Hero ???
Old 10-09-2007, 04:42 PM

Default Re: 25NL Top set, raise river?

So your plan was to check when you've got the nuts.
then raise when the worst card possible hits and the person leads into you?

FPS

Bet the flop. (as you realized, this is a horrible hand to slowplay) I exercise pot control once the draw gets there. It appears he makes weak ass bets... call him down. He's not going to fold a flush here ever.

As played, you have to call because your hand is underrepresented. I think you're good at least 1 time in 4.

[ QUOTE ]
If the flop came down K72, would you guys be in favor of checking behind?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes. But mostly just bet it. Why? You're going to cbet with weaker hands and air aren't you? Since your bet doesn't always mean monster, why not cbet it and build a pot. You should get value with your monsters. Will they fold sometimes? Sure.

[ QUOTE ]
As for the river, do you give a random villain credit for having hit his draw? Is this a call or a raise? Comments on all streets appreciated, as always.

[/ QUOTE ]

They may not have the flush or straight which is why you call. But he's not folding any flush or straight and probably folding anything you do beat... so I don't see the point in raising?
Old 10-09-2007, 04:50 PM

I always bet this flop if there are two of the same suit on the flop. Also, I don't think you automatically get a fold if the villain doesn't have a K. You're in position, so your bet on the flop could easily be a c-bet.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:03 PM

Why I don't always bet a set after I raised it up although I do it 98% of the time, thiss a very bad board to slowplay on. It is very draw heavy and you have taken classic donk line of slwoplaying and then start to bet and raise when the scare card hits. Not good
Old 10-09-2007, 05:05 PM

As kurto said you have to bet this flop, it is pretty drawy. Personally I bet just about every flopped set (just about everytime I raise preflop actually), yes you may scare off a few players who could bluff later or think 10 10 is good here, but you want to build this pot so that you can stack him the times he hit this flop as well.

Definitely call the river as played.