Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: RB (Choose 2)
Portis (@Houston) 17 48.57%
Kevin Jones (GB) 8 22.86%
Fred Taylor (@Ind) 9 25.71%
R. Droughns (Balt) 0 0%
D. McAllister (Atl) 1 2.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-06-2007, 10:40 AM

Default Re: P5\'s top donk-n-go player is going pro

Is this like the official STTF BBV bitch thread?

Jennifear: Kurosh will leave you feeling "short stacked". If thats what you like then go for it.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you could make decent living at 20$ donk n goes...having said that I'd rather have my job

[/ QUOTE ]

True, you can make a living multi tabling low limit S&G's. Just as long as you expenses are low...
Old 08-06-2007, 12:41 PM

The irony here is overwhelming.

She probably doesn't post here on 2+2 to avoid the inevitable ridicule you jackals always force the noobs to endure. Yet, here you are, picking apart her plan as if you were the intended audience of her post.

Furthermore, The only reason this even has your attention at all is because the author is a GIRL. If this were a dude you wouldn't give two [censored] about it. OOHH!!! A Girl!! So what if she look likes Mary Kate Olsen with Downs Syndrome.

MOM!!!! WE'RE IN THE MAN-CAVE!!!!
Old 08-06-2007, 01:14 PM

^^^^^^^^

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2007, 03:23 PM

The chance a true 9.8% ROI player (13/11/12% 1st/2nd/3rd) at 9-handed turbo SNGs has a 1k-game sample with an observed ROI over 30% is about 0.008%. Make it a 20.6% (14.2/12.2/13.2) ROI player and it's about 2.8% to see something over 30%.

I invoke Lorinda's Paradox on all of this.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:42 PM

jesus how can anybody play that many low stakes sit and goes

switch to cash games plzzz and start playing real poker for real money
Old 08-06-2007, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL @ her "i hope this doesn't come off as a brag."

Grinding $20 sngs for a living.. BRAG!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
I play sngs and real job>>>>>>>>>>>&gt ;>>>>>>>>>>>>& gt;>>>>>>>>>>>&gt ;>>>>>>>>>>>>& gt;>>>>>>>>> grinding $20 sngs especially given the fact she is awful.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really think I'm awful pudge? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Tell ya what, go find someone else with a 39% ROI over 11,000 SNGs, at any level. Until you do, you have no basis for an argument. It's possible I made a mistake or two in the SNG we reviewed together, but your analysis had mistakes in it too. So if you want to call me imperfect, have a blast, but awful? LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]
I just saw this thread.
You have yet to prove you have a 39% ROI over 11k SNGs. Just saying to trust you based on your UB results isn't very convincing. One of the reasons why your ROI is so high on SS is because you play regular sngs and 20/180s which increase your ROI, but decrease your hourly in most cases. There are definitely posts which explain my conclusion in a lot more depth, but I don't feel searching for them. Seriously what mistakes did I make in my analysis. What do you play exactly because I would be very intrigued to make a bet about your 20% ROI over 1k sngs. As well when I said real job>>>>>>> grinding $20 sngs. I still think it is very true.
$20 sngs 4 tabling at a 20% ROI
Will net you maybe $20/hr with a lot of variance. A real job would be much more fulfilling at a similar pay scale.
Also in regards to 0evg0 comments about having a 1k breakeven stretch

Shot at 2007-08-06
Old 08-06-2007, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL @ her "i hope this doesn't come off as a brag."

Grinding $20 sngs for a living.. BRAG!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
I play sngs and real job>>>>>>>>>>>&gt ;>>>>>>>>>>>>& gt;>>>>>>>>>>>&gt ;>>>>>>>>>>>>& gt;>>>>>>>>> grinding $20 sngs especially given the fact she is awful.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really think I'm awful pudge? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Tell ya what, go find someone else with a 39% ROI over 11,000 SNGs, at any level. Until you do, you have no basis for an argument. It's possible I made a mistake or two in the SNG we reviewed together, but your analysis had mistakes in it too. So if you want to call me imperfect, have a blast, but awful? LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]
I just saw this thread.
You have yet to prove you have a 39% ROI over 11k SNGs. Just saying to trust you based on your UB results isn't very convincing. One of the reasons why your ROI is so high on SS is because you play regular sngs and 20/180s which increase your ROI, but decrease your hourly in most cases. There are definitely posts which explain my conclusion in a lot more depth, but I don't feel searching for them. Seriously what mistakes did I make in my analysis. What do you play exactly because I would be very intrigued to make a bet about your 20% ROI over 1k sngs. As well when I said real job>>>>>>> grinding $20 sngs. I still think it is very true.
$20 sngs 4 tabling at a 20% ROI
Will net you maybe $20/hr with a lot of variance. A real job would be much more fulfilling at a similar pay scale.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pudge, thank you for responding.
As I stated before, I cannot prove my results. In 2002, I never intended to play for real money, let alone teach poker. Had I known that I was going to be facing this type of scrutiny of my results in the future, perhaps I would have some sort of documented proof, which is something I don't believe you can't even obtain at UB anyway, so asking me for proof is asking me for something that isn't obtainable. My stats are what they are, and my argument for taking stats for my 717 STTs played at a higher level and using common sense to deduce that I did 6% better in games played mostly at regular speed at the $5.50 level on UB in 2002-2005 is anything but a stretch. It's the best argument I have.
My Sharkscope is 33% for single table only (not 20/180 as you assert) over 717 games, appx 700 of which were turbos, so your assertion that multi-table SNGs and regular SNGs are inflating my sharkscope is baseless. By the way, even 33% is 34% above "awful".
Here is that sample again, filtered to single table only, any stakes:
Username Games Played Av. Profit Av. Stake Av. ROI Total Profit Form Network Filter
PunkinBear 363 $4 $17 31% $1,401 Hot FullTilt E9-9 x
PunkinBear 354 $8 $18 35% $2,890 - PokerStars E9-9 x
I documented your analysis on my SNG on pocketfives, and I'm not going to rehash that thread at this time here, but there were clear errors in your analysis that I was able to show. That's not a personal attack on you, as I do respect your game, as it is truly phenomonal, and that's the only reason that you calling me "awful" bothered me so much. If you were just some random donk calling me "awful" I wouldn't have given it a second thought. You spent so much time bashing me in that thread, which was weak because only about 1/4-1/3 of your comments that were made that were negative had any merit whatsoever. I'm not saying I played it perfectly, but what was ignored by you throughout the entire thread was that I played a great game and ran over the SNG, not by luck, but rather by outplaying my opponents. I know I made some mistakes in my analysis, and I learned a lot from that. I also received a ton of emails/comments praising my review and some people learned a lot from it.
I should note again that I do not think that I will maintain that ROI in the games I will be playing ($33-50). I expect, conservatively, that my ROI will be more like 14% in the $33s and 8-10% in the 50s.
You may think that a "real job" beats what I'm doing, but I make good money from teaching (low variance) which is going to be half my income, if not more. I find it fulfilling. In addition, I am still learning this game, and aspire to beat the high levels someday, a task that I will be able to accomplish. I find that significantly fulfilling. Truly, I am living a dream that many people who are reading this now would LOVE to live. It's not all happy times, and believe me that I understand that playing for a living is called a grind for a reason. However, I am very very lucky that after five years of playing, I still love this game!
Old 08-06-2007, 07:57 PM

TTIWWP
Old 08-06-2007, 08:48 PM

Jenn,
I thought you quit your job as a teacher to play sngs. Since I assumed going pro meant your only profession that makes a lot more sense. As others have said be prepared to run bad getting the roi you achieved solely at turbos requires running really good and is not sustainable. If you believe it is sustainable I would make a propbet for any sum of money you cannot keep your ROI over 30% over 1k turbos. I believe you lost the documents and don't think you are trying to mislead me, but several poker players have miscounted there results before and when your results include a 40% ROI over 11k sngs something which noone has ever done to the best of my knowledge I have reason to be skeptical.