Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2006, 06:59 PM

Default My mother failed a drug test and now she\'s in jail

I guess I should start off saying that I hate my mother. She f*cked me over pretty badly via a credit card scam, she's never apologized, and now I have only contempt for her.
A couple weeks ago she got a DUI and got put on probation, and when the cops came to check up on her she failed her drug test because of marijuana. Now she's in jail.
I am totally against drug laws. I think they all should be legal and the fact that marijuana, a harmless drug (well, relatively harmless compared to other illegal and legal drugs), is illegal is borderline tyranny (for the remainder of this post I will refrain from sounding too much like the resident anarchocapitalists). I hate the fact that our prisons and tax dollars are wasted on harmless recreational drug users, like marijuana smokers. (Note that I do no illegal drugs.)
However, I am ecstatic that my mother was thrown in jail. I'm reveling. She deserves every piece of [censored] thrown her way, she deserves to be dropped from a building onto a bunch of blades. She's been nothing but a disease to everyone she's been in contact with, and has done nothing to contribute to society. She's a nurse that has an addiction to pain pills, and she's been caught stealing them from work. She stole graduation money from me. I hate her, and so do you. I'm happy she's locked up.

Does this make me a hypocrite?
Old 02-15-2006, 07:06 PM

Default Re: My mother failed a drug test and now she\'s in jail

With or without drug laws it sounds like your mom would end up in jail regardless. Sorry.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does this make me a hypocrite?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. In fact, I think you would be a hypocrite if you allowed your hostility to your mother to influence your feelings on this law. The fact that you didn't means you are able to seperate the two, which everyone should try to do when commenting on public policy issues.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She's been nothing but a disease to everyone she's been in contact with, and has done nothing to contribute to society.

[/ QUOTE ]
Quite an insult at yourself, don't you think? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-15-2006, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
She's been nothing but a disease to everyone she's been in contact with, and has done nothing to contribute to society.

[/ QUOTE ]
Quite an insult at yourself, don't you think? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. Actually, I've had a lot of people tell me I'm lucky I turned out as I did, considering the lunacy of my mother. But to be honest, she used to mean more to me than anything, and she used to be a positive influence.

I was thinking I'd get a lot more "yes you're a hypocrite" posts, considering I think I am. For anyone else, I'd be furious about them going to jail for marijuana. I don't make much money, and the decent slice they take out for taxes I sure as hell don't want going towards Joe Smith's arraignment on marijuana charges, and I should expect others to think the same about my mother. I feel that my opinion is expedient in this case, and not consistent with the rest of my beliefs.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think they all should be legal and the fact that marijuana, a harmless drug (well, relatively harmless compared to other illegal and legal drugs), is illegal is borderline tyranny

[/ QUOTE ]
Borderline?
Old 02-15-2006, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She deserves every piece of [censored] thrown her way, she deserves to be ...

[/ QUOTE ]
Nobody above a child molestor or cold blooded killer deserves that. I'm sorry she's in jail. It's the worst place in the world to find any help, and she will get out. I think you've got the correct read on drug laws, prisons, and maybe even your mother. You're not a hypocrite. And if you go visit her, you still won't be.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:28 PM

Do you see the difference in locking somebody up for possessing marijuana and locking somebody up who tests positive for marijuana use on probation for DUI? She committed a real crime that could have hurt people and accepted the terms of probation. Probation includes not smoking marijuana. Your stance on marijuana laws in general doesn't affect her probation violation.
Old 02-16-2006, 12:10 AM

Jail exists specifically FOR people like your mom, people who 100% refuse to abide by the defined rules of society and just do whatever they want screwing others over in the process.
Old 02-16-2006, 12:11 AM

I'm sorry you hate your mother. I admire you for having the self respect to break out of the bad situation she put you in. Here is my meaningless, completely arbitrary advice:

Forgive her.

Forget her.

Move on with your life.

Dwelling on your hate will consume you if you do not put it down.