Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2006, 07:08 PM

Default law school exams

Does anyone have any idea where I can find exam questions and model answers to the questions? My law library only has one book with model answers; it's old and it's only for torts. I've searched online but I still can't find anything.

If it's a link to a good site, or the name of a book, or anything really, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:11 PM

Default Re: law school exams

How the hell are you going to go to law school when you can't even find an LSAT book on the internet? I say this is one of those things where if you can't figure it out, you don't deserve to go to law school.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:12 PM

1) put this in the dorm

2) What classes are we talking about? First year courses? I'll give you some recommendations for study guides if you put down the courses.

3) If you can get past exams from the prof - that is best (often available at your schools library or online).

4) Next best is finding someone who took the class the year before and did really well and get their outline. They obviously figured out what the prof tested on.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How the hell are you going to go to law school when you can't even find an LSAT book on the internet? I say this is one of those things where if you can't figure it out, you don't deserve to go to law school.

[/ QUOTE ]

And this is why you should not post on the internet. He asked for sample law school exams, not lsat books.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:14 PM

Also, both NYU and Harvard have past exams and outlines online that anyone can get. The NYU is in their student section somewhere and the Harvard one is on a separate website. I'll post them when I get home if someone doesn't do it already.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And this is why you should not post on the internet. He asked for sample law school exams, not lsat books.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and if he wanted LSAT exams, there're books that contain past LSATs. He would find this by doing a search. "If it's a link to a good site, or the name of a book, or anything really, I would really appreciate it."
Old 10-11-2006, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone have any idea where I can find exam questions and model answers to the questions? My law library only has one book with model answers; it's old and it's only for torts. I've searched online but I still can't find anything.

If it's a link to a good site, or the name of a book, or anything really, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had this same issue in law school. I used google. Sometimes I use it as a lawyer as well. Try it. Consider it training.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and if he wanted LSAT exams, there're books that contain past LSATs. He would find this by doing a search. "If it's a link to a good site, or the name of a book, or anything really, I would really appreciate it."

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. Past LSAT exams are different from sample law schol exams. The LSAT is a standarized test where you can readily get sample tests. Law school exams are very different and vary by prof, subject and type of exam. The sample law school exams in mass produced books are very very hit or miss. There are definitely websites such as at NYU and Harvard that offer you much better stuff. These are not that easy to find unless you know where to look.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:36 PM

Sackup: Clearly you are wrong. He is a current law school student. Obviously he wants books about the law school admissions test.

TimotheeeeeI would approach your professors directly. Some of mine have commented that they will provide sample exams and model answers once exams get closer. They said they didn't want people to start panicking when the questions made no sense yet.

Don't worry about sample tests yet. Dedicate your time to outlining so that you have a complete outline come reading week and you can pound out some sample exams closer to game time.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. Past LSAT exams are different from sample law schol exams. The LSAT is a standarized test where you can readily get sample tests. Law school exams are very different and vary by prof, subject and type of exam. The sample law school exams in mass produced books are very very hit or miss. There are definitely websites such as at NYU and Harvard that offer you much better stuff. These are not that easy to find unless you know where to look.

[/ QUOTE ]

Either way, you missed the point of my original post completely, which is for the OP to learn to use search engines on the internet. Different test, same answer.