Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 09:26 PM

Default flop turn and river

is the flop turn and river predetermined when a given hand is dealt out at fulltilt, stars or where ever?

in other words, i get dealt a hand in the bb. a few people limp in, i check. the flop comes 7 6 5. if i waited a micro second longer to click "check" pre flop, would the flop be different? or is the flop already predetermined?

i have no idea how the software works. if anyone knows......please tell. no speculations please.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:35 PM

Default Re: flop turn and river

Site dependent - based on their Random Number Genrators (a.k.a. Action Flop Generators).

I believe some RNG's keep the deck stub in a constant state of being shuffled - but I dont know for sure, or which sites. I know you didnt want speculation - but too bad. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2007, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Site dependent - based on their Random Number Genrators (a.k.a. Action Flop Generators).

I believe some RNG's keep the deck stub in a constant state of being shuffled - but I dont know for sure, or which sites. I know you didnt want speculation - but too bad. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i figured it constantly being randomly generated as a way of guarding against hacking.

i folded middle set the other day in plo and i was wrong but the other guy ended up making quads. if i called, i wonder if the results would have been different. i believe it would have been different........ but i too am speculating. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2007, 09:54 PM

I prefer to think of it in constant motion; so it wont tilt me when I fold and my draw ends up hitting on the river. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2007, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I prefer to think of it in constant motion; so it wont tilt me when I fold and my draw ends up hitting on the river. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

ugh, i cant help but think of it as i would have won that hand. but then again, there was another player all in with a flush draw too. maybe he would have made his hand [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2007, 10:25 PM

It doesn't matter. It's not surprising that you would care about this, sqwisssssss.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It doesn't matter. It's not surprising that you would care about this, sqwisssssss.

[/ QUOTE ]

why do u follow me around? seriously, leave me alone. your making a fool out of yourself now.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why do u follow me around? seriously, leave me alone. your making a fool out of yourself now.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol @ following you around. You're not the only person who reads more than one forum.