Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 12:52 PM

Default Re: Want 5 figure swings in ur homegame? Click 2 learn more (sick game

It's a bit nitty, but statistically I think it is not unlikely that the pot becomes 100k, especially if you are 5-6 players, isn't it good beforehand to agree that when the pot gets above i.e. 5k you split it evenly?
Old 07-11-2007, 12:59 PM

Do you want to play a game??
Old 07-11-2007, 01:08 PM

to who people who arent enough in love with this game...last night I made a variant of it which made it a little sicker

Deal or No Deal Puppet

this game is played the same way, but with a twist...every hand a button rotates around the table designating the banker. the hand is played as the OPs rules suggested except for one minor detail, the puppet's hand does not get revealed until the entire board is dealt. At this point, it is the banker's job, based on what the winner (of the players in) has to make the winner a deal based on the pot and the strength of his 5 card poker hand. To avoid collusion, there is the right to veto in which all players not involved in the hand can immediately veto the bankers offer which results in the hand playing out normally. if the banker is the winner then the hand plays out normally and puppets cards are revealed with no offer.

now the real sick part...if the winning player refuses the bankers deal, and loses to the puppet (whose hand is still random) then that player must double what is in the pot. if the player refuses the deal and beats the puppet, then the banker must match the pot. it really gets sick...also banker and hand winner are put on 1 minute clocks for all decisions because it would take the fun out of it. also whoever loses to the original winning player has to match whatever the winner takes back into the pot

so if the pot is 1000...and the banker offers the winning player a 250 deal and he takes it...all players must match 250 no matter what the puppets cards are.

its confusing and not 100% worked out but i figured you guys could master it
Old 07-11-2007, 01:11 PM

btw it helps because nits will probably take -EV deals

also nothing is more fun then seeing someone with a monster hand and not take a deal thats worth like 95% of the pot...and then the unseen puppets hand is like the nuts
Old 07-11-2007, 01:15 PM

when i'm losing money i like to know why
Old 07-11-2007, 01:21 PM

Sick, I so want to play this game, I'll have to find a more degen homegame than my current one
Old 07-11-2007, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this game is actually a variant of the game "guts"..

dealer deals 3 down cards to each player, and two sets of 3 cards to himself, one he picks up the other leaves face down..any pair pretty much, or maybe ace high depending on how many people are playing you hold..1..2..3.."guts".

best hand scoops, and each person has to put in double the pot i believe, so if its 2$, each person puts in 4$..the pot is cleared when only one person is in the hand that doesn't drop his hand(similar to the other one, if you keep your hand you hold it, if you fold you simply drop it upon hearing 'guts'), and beats the dummy hand, or the hand the dealer doesn't pick when dealing himself two sets of 3 cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Our version:
Guts...
Each player gets 2 cards...
Dummy hand gets 3 cards....
2s and 3s are wild....

if two players are up they battle and loser pays pot and person (pot amount)

dummy hand stays until a player is up alone and battles dummy hand...

basically if player has pocket kings and dummy hand has kings...player loses due to the dummy hands available kicker....dummy can have 3 of a kind as well...which is hilarious....
Old 07-11-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Am I missing something?
As with any game with massive pots and tiny antes/blinds, doesn't it make sense to wait for AA/KK/QQ/AK (if everyone else is playing loose and inflating pots) before going in?

Or am I missing the point and this is just something to play while drunk?

[/ QUOTE ]

Does it make sense to only play AA in NLHE? Your post is borderline OOT-dumb, ducy?

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize there's a difference between games where all action is preflop with pots 1000x+ the ante, and NLHE with 20BB pots and most of the action being postflop, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think what you need to understand is that often the pot can get up to this amount. The majority of the hands are not for 1000 x the ante pots.
I'm sure if anyone cared, they could post this in poker theory and maybe someone could help figure out an optimal strategy. I think I have a pretty good idea of one.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:42 PM

wow this game is fking sick...anyone want to get a nyc game going?
Old 07-11-2007, 02:50 PM

yeah I think guts is what turned me into a degen back in 7th grade, and this game is like 10000000x sicker than guts