Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-17-2007, 12:33 AM

Default Re: Airplane! : MONTHLY MOVIE MARATHON

This looks like an Airplane! lovefest.

When I first saw Airplane about a bazillion years ago I thought it was pretty funny but I wasn't nearly as taken by it as the rest of you. I probably would never have watched it again if not for this thread. This time it was less funny but I certainly lol a few times.

The jive talk stuff I found to be the lamest part of the movie.

I finally got a copy of Monty Python and the Holy Grail at the same time and haven't even opened that thread yet. I just watched the first 10 minutes of it after watching Airplane! I found the opening credits of MP to be funnier stuff.

We all know that people find different things funny. I mentioned in the 'movies you've watched recently' thread that I found 'Man Bites Dog' to be the most hillarious movie I have seen in some time. I know many people were seriously offended by that movie and it was the least funny thing they had ever seen. 'Borat' seemed to blow the critics away with it's 'edgy' humour. Although it didn't offend me I found it to be about the least funny movie in recent memory. 'Wedding Crashers' got a bigger rise out of me and it pretty much sucked in my opinion.

That's just the way it goes with humour.