Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2006, 02:14 AM

Default Re: I have no idea what to do here...kind of long...end of rope stuff...

[ QUOTE ]
Just say eff it, throw all your crap in your car, and move to Vegas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, I've actually thought of this (fleetingly). I have enough saved up for a decent $5-$10 bankroll. I usually make a little money when I have the expendable cash to justify a potential loss of a good deal of money gambling (if the cards don't fall well), but I'm pretty sure I'm far from ready to turn pro [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I just got off the phone with her after a long conversation. She's begging her ass off. I guess at some point she came to realize that her upward-looking boyfriend of 3 years was looking a little more enticing than some nobody in Portland, Oregon with a child.

Thanks for all the responses, everybody. I appreciate it. Every now and then I come to realize that 2+2 has a great deal more utility than just arguing politics, and this is one of those times.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:16 AM

Default Re: I have no idea what to do here...kind of long...end of rope stuff.

[ QUOTE ]
Wow I love how the advice in this thread couldn't be more polarized. OP probably wishes he was being chased by cops right now like that guy in Houston so someone could make the decision for him...

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. Yeah, the opinions here are pretty much exactly the 2 opposing ones dancing around in my head.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd be going to Mercer in Macon. I decided to apply there because my girlfriend's family is there (and they're basically my family, too).

[/ QUOTE ]

What does this mean exactly?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, could've explained a little better. I only applied to places where I had family. I've learned the benefits of a social support network.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Flip a coin. If you are dissapointed by the outcome, then you know which path youd rather take. If you truly dont care, then just do what the coin says.

As for being embarrased or whatever if you end up satyin in chicago....eff that. Who gives a [censored] if people threw you a party and now you arent going. Tell them all the girl you were in love with turned out to be a whore and you cant go to GA. Theyll understand, and after a week no one is going to care either way anyway.

Wish I had something more intelligent to say, just wanted to respond cuz I feel for your situation, I hope it works out for you. just hang in there and do that whole one foot in front of the other thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

This might actually be the best advice so far.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I spent the better part of 6 years at Mercer in Macon.

It's a great law school, but Macon is not a fun town to be depressed in. So be careful or it just may get worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been hearing it's not exactly Disney World. But I do have a friend that went there claiming it's becoming a half-way decent party town...
Old 07-23-2006, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One thing you might consider is getting to a doctor and getting an anti-depressant.

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to a doctor about my years-long fatigue problem (been getting worse). She put my on Trazodone, which was wholly ineffective, then on Welbutrin, which turned me into a certifiable lunatic. I'd been telling her it's just a terrible fatigue and not really depression, so she wrote me a prescription for a sleep study. I did it last week.

Thirty. Five. Hundred. Dollars.

To friggin sleep. I hope to god they come to some kind of conclusion; been seeing doctors for years about this.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:35 AM

Default Re: I have no idea what to do here...kind of long...end of rope stuff...

[ QUOTE ]
Forget all the AA advice, quit your job, move West and South away from Chicago, do not go to Law school or any other school for that matter (your initial decision to get a polisci degree shows your decision making skills are lacking in the first place).

A 33K job can be had anywhere in the US since you are a college grad no matter your degree. I suggest you move to Vegas, apply for a job as a daytime security guard at an apartment complex and play poker at night. Eventually you will be a fulltime poker player, find a new girlfriend, be taking meth instead of drunking and be much better off without that cheating whore you used to call your GF.

Good luck,

Jimbo

PS: I have ben drinking myself tonight so if any of the above sounds like poor advice then do something else. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what? This is the best advice yet, by far. And I'll tell you why.

My subconscious autopilot is still set on "attached to someone" mode, and I haven't gotten my mind outside of that small box of 'since your responsibility lies in great deal with the woman, you are pigeonholed into X amount of possibilities.'

Saying "[censored] you" to everything, moving to another, new city and doing something original never legitimately crossed my mind. Had some quick fantasies about being a poker player, but they were just that, and were far more masturbatory than reality (I'm in that special "really, really mediocre" category). Finding some quick job in Vegas that'll probably pay as much (if not more) than now and playing some poker at night seems like a pretty awesome idea, now that I give it serious attention.

Even if I go broke, there's no girlfriend there to make me feel like crap [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-23-2006, 04:42 AM

'scuse me for pointing out that mercer is barely a top 100 school.

If you did exceptionally well in school why don't you wait a year and apply to better schools? Your life will be much easier with a JD from a tier 1 school.