Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 06:19 PM

Default Re: WSOP on ESPN thread (10/9 - ME Final Table)

[ QUOTE ]
as i remember he was never worse than twice the stack of second place. that's a commanding lead. it's hard to imagine a larger lead held throughout the final table.

[/ QUOTE ]

You remember wrong. Between Khan's and Kravchenko's bustouts he doubled up so many of his opponents that he was down to a lead of 42/37/28/21.

And it's easy to imagine a larger lead. Have you forgotten last year already?
Old 10-11-2007, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I had a separate tab open with the PokerNews live coverage of the Final Tables, so I thought I'd compare the hands shown on ESPN with the actual hands.

1. Hand 6
2. Hand 9
3. Hand 14
4. Hand 15
5. Hand 18
6. Hand 21
7. Hand 28
8. Hand 40
9. Hand 42
10. Hand 48
11. Hand 50
12. Hand 55
13. Hand 56

Episode 2
14. Hand 58
15. Hand 60
16. Hand 78
17. Hand 92
18. Hand 95
19. Hand 108
20. Hand 127
21. Hand 129
22. Hand 149
23. Hand 167
24. Hand 169
25. Hand 205

During the last hand Lon said that Lam was "putting the pressure on early," referring to the earliness of the heads-up portion. Actually, it was the 36th heads up hand.

4 handed play lasted a long time, which is why there were such huge gaps in hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

This thing went 16 hours and only 205 hands? Under 13 hands an hour including shorthanded play? Wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks bro.. i watched the same ppv and have read the same hand histories.

if you remember correctly gordon and ali were intimating even at this early stage that yang couldn't be as strong as he came across each hand.

if you remember watching the ft it sure felt like yang was making moves even this early. of course .. this hand... when childs mucked face up further cememted that belief .. among me and my friends watching.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
as i remember he was never worse than twice the stack of second place. that's a commanding lead. it's hard to imagine a larger lead held throughout the final table.

[/ QUOTE ]

You remember wrong. Between Khan's and Kravchenko's bustouts he doubled up so many of his opponents that he was down to a lead of 42/37/28/21.

And it's easy to imagine a larger lead. Have you forgotten last year already?

[/ QUOTE ]

kudo's.. i stand corrected.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Dids is the moderator/poster on this board, that means he can say if he liked something or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you making this a special mod privilege?

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant to say, "Dids is a poster, so he can give his opinion of something. And as mod, it's not his job to drop the delete/banhammer on any post that say "I don't like this..."
Old 10-11-2007, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So are we all ready to get the ME buy in changed to $25k yet ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Should we first move up in limits so the donkeys respect our raises?
Old 10-11-2007, 10:45 PM

Can Pat Robertson and Billy Graham as guest commentators on the PPV broadcast be far behind??
Old 10-12-2007, 12:53 AM

If they were to issue a version of the PPV with hole cards added, that would be one great DVD set. I imagine it would have a lot of buyers at $50-100.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:14 PM

Anyone know where I could find the PPV coverage for the final table? I looked on pokertube and couldn't locate it.

I remember reading snide stuff about how everyone would see what an uber-Donk Rahme was at this table. But he really didn't do anything too much out of the ordinary.

Going all-in with Kings with a flopped ace on the board is questionable, but not really that bad. Way he figured it, Yang probably would've reraised him with air anyway, and Rahme wasn't folding (given Yang's very wide range) so he'd go all-in no matter what. Also, he had some fold equity because he might be able to make Yang lay down a weak ace. Which Yang almost did until Rahme started talking (people here are saying there was no way Yang folds there, and he probably doesn't, but until Rahme talked Yang was giving off signs of weakness).

Really, I don't fault the play much. He was in a tough spot. By no means whatsoever was that some laughable donk move. There were numerous worse plays in the FT that they showed on TV alone.

BTW on the USA chant, I'm pretty sure that was just reactionary to Lam's pro-Canada stuff. Also it seemed to be random observers starting it, not Yang's party. Which made it pretty awkward.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:02 PM

"Going all-in with Kings with a flopped ace on the board is questionable, but not really that bad. "

Agree, but wouldn't have been a better play to do that first (and not check/raise)? If part of the plan is to get a guy to fold a weak Ace, Rahmes final allin push was to weak to do that...Of course, Yang is calling even with A/2, so probably a mute point [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2007, 03:23 PM

IIRC, the knock against Rahme was that he had 2 gears: uber nit and uber tilt. If he got lucky when tilting he'd shift back to nit until something would snap and he'd go back on tilt. His play looks OK on the ESPN coverage because most of the time he just folded everything.