Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 04:38 PM

Default PPA Update.

I just spoke to John Pappas on the phone.

There is some exciting work being done.

I am much more encouraged about the prostects of the PPA becoming the type of effective organization we need.

I will let them make the anouncements as it is not my place to do so, but stay tuned.

D$D
Old 08-21-2007, 04:52 PM

Default Re: PPA Update.

[ QUOTE ]
I just spoke to John Pappas on the phone.

There is some exciting work being done.

I am much more encouraged about the prostects of the PPA becoming the type of effective organization we need.

I will let them make the anouncements as it is not my place to do so, but stay tuned.

D$D

[/ QUOTE ]

I (very) briefly spoke with John today as well. I have a follow-up call scheduled. It sounds they may have decided to up the energy level. I'll post what I can after that call.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:20 PM

Is this serious or what? Ive [censored] had hope dashed so many gd times this year and Im in the midst of a horrid downswing so I ain't investing any emotional capital in these people until they actually start using $, employees, and volunteers to start mobilizing us.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:29 PM

SPAM
Old 08-21-2007, 06:40 PM

I would agree EXCEPT Engineer, very reliable, is posting the same.

Maybe they are reading some of the posts at the PPA forum....

Lets stay tuned and hope this is more than that 6 month Sen. Al letter we receive.

obg
Old 08-21-2007, 06:56 PM

Ditto, I feel like we are the vocal minority amongst the PPA. They have a crap load of people (~670,000) registered, so hopefully make some noise.

I think the WSOP came and went and was a wasted opportunity. Phone banks to call you reps etc. would have been great.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I would agree EXCEPT Engineer, very reliable, is posting the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the only thing giving me hope.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:32 PM

Its not spam, I have seen Dad post at PPA as an individual, and PMed him once or twice. He isn't a shill or a gomer(I hope). We are all tough on the PPA, and rightly so, but it IS an organization with names, emails, and #s. If they wake up, sober up, and smell the light, we have no choice but to follow behind them.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:25 PM

PPA UPDATE:

1) The board is still packed with cronyist conflicting interests dominated by CP magazine reps and the interests of certain market players including Party Poker which tries to undermine the other market players still in the US Market

2) PPA hasn't shown much interest in neutering the forthcoming regs which should be an important mid-term fallback plan to protect the ability of its members to continue playing online while the longer term fight is waged

3) PPA still refuses to engage the posters of this forum by designating a spokesman to regularly interact with us here on 2+2 which is the largest poker community on the net/earth

4) PPA (thus far) has focused only repeal of the UIGEA without much/any focus on B&M poker at the state level which would have a synergistic effect to help online poker *especially* if they targeted a few big states like NY and TX

5) After, as likely and despite all our hopes, the pending bills in Congress fail, the PPA will say they tried and that we all need to ignore the organization's conflicted interests and shortcomings and work for the future instead of first demanding structural changes like in the board makeup

6) Summary bottom line is that the PPA still views its primary stakeholders as not its wider membership, but the existing online sites and media dependant on same for advertising
Old 08-21-2007, 09:27 PM

"3) PPA still refuses to engage the posters of this forum by designating a spokesman to regularly interact with us here on 2+2 which is the largest poker community on the net/earth"

big tell