[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how dumb can people be? arhg reading this just puts me on stone cold ape tilt

how can anyone not admit it's stealing. i can at least respect those who are honest with themselves.

is sneaking into an art museum stealing?

[/ QUOTE ]

that would be trespassing. why would it be stealing?

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know about the definition of which crime it is i'm just saying by trespassing you are basically taking money out of the museum's pocket.

[/ QUOTE ]

obv but its still not stealing

[/ QUOTE ]

whatever, it's a crime that's what i'm saying. the analogy is that you're not really "taking" anything from the museum yet you're basically taking money out of the museum's pocket, even if you would never buy a ticket and enter legally.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, but it is totally different because the museum can't hold an infinite amount of people like copying an mp3. It's more like if someone was charging people to watch a movie in a park, would you be stealing if you watched the movie from across the street?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. There is no right to ask others to not look at my property, except *I think* in stuff like voyeurism. But, rights to privacy, as far as I know, dont extend to things that are outdoors.

As the property owner of a song, its up to me how I want is distributed.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok...you are right. I was trying to think of an example using the museum analogy that doesn't involve trespassing or limit the number of customers they can serve. I'm pretty sure if you came up with a valid analogy it would support the anti-IP position.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:29 PM

Default Re: Apparently songs are worth $9250 each...Dumb Jury

this is why i always delete my torrents when the file is downloaded. i don't mind stealing, but sharing what i've stolen? that's wrong.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is why i always delete my torrents when the file is downloaded. i don't mind stealing, but sharing what i've stolen? that's wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I almost always let my share ratio go over 1.0 so that I know I've done my part, and then I get scared of the RIAA or whoever and take it down after that.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:36 AM

quick question to the no-IP people,

Assume that whenever a piece of music is sold (be it CD/vinyl/itunes download/etc), the person were forced to sign a contract stating "I will not [insert long list of things RIAA doesnt like]. In signing this contract, I understand that I can be found liable if I do these things. And these are the possible fines [insert list of fines]" If they didnt want to sign the contract, they werent allowed to buy the music.

Would you then be OK with the person who breaks that contract being sued, and forced to pay damages?
Old 10-09-2007, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Assume that whenever a piece of music is sold (be it CD/vinyl/itunes download/etc), the person were forced to sign a contract stating "I will not [insert long list of things RIAA doesnt like]. In signing this contract, I understand that I can be found liable if I do these things. And these are the possible fines [insert list of fines]" If they didnt want to sign the contract, they werent allowed to buy the music.

Would you then be OK with the person who breaks that contract being sued, and forced to pay damages?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if copyright were consistent with patent or vice-versa.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you mean?
Old 10-09-2007, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

If a guy takes a dump on a post card and frames it, his rights to it last life plus 70 years. If a guy invents a feces repellent post card, his rights to it last 20 years. 136 years for dump on post card, 20 years for microfiber post card. It's shameful.

Even more shameful is what the patent office is willing to issue patents for, and the things people are even allowed to copyright.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you turn off uploading during the download?

I seriously can't believe people still use torrents with all the lawsuits going on. There is a single file that lists EVERY person who is downloading/sharing the file.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I seriously can't believe people still use torrents with all the lawsuits going on. There is a single file that lists EVERY person who is downloading/sharing the file.

[/ QUOTE ]

please elaborate
Old 10-07-2007, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

please elaborate

[/ QUOTE ]

um, download a torrent and click on the tab that shows the active users? The trackers track who is downloading/uploading the file... how do you think it works? You can view every peer who has the file, what percentage they have, and what their IP address is.