Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Evan for mod?
Yay 8 36.36%
Nay 14 63.64%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-19-2007, 10:39 AM

Default Re: Video Idea

Sounds like a great idea. I've seen a few tourney videos like this where the holecards of all involved players have been shown in the same video by using a replayer. The hard part about doing it as a single video would probably be audio commentary from several players if you want that. I think using separate audio tracks for each player could turn out well though. Especially if they just recorded audio while playing to remember their thought process and not end up being results oriented, then recorded the audio track that would go in the video while seeing all the cards. That way they could talk not only about their own hands or other hands that went to showdown, but what they thought about any of the hands shown that they had time for at the moment. There would be pretty much no silence at all on any of the audio tracks, and it'd be interesting to see them trying to explain the thought processes of the other 3 players as well as their own.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:43 AM

I didnt think about the audio if combining the vids into one. I am not a camtasia expert and I dont think I would know how to cut audio tracks etc and use in 1 vid.

For those that have shown interest, would 2 tabling NL50 and using 4 separate vids work?
Old 09-19-2007, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Thoughts:
1. I think it could be a good learning tool for new players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe yes and maybe no .... you know, a lot of videos exist of good players explaining their play and these player differ in style, so it is not like you don't get different views on similar hands

[ QUOTE ]

2. There would definately be alot of 3betting and raised pots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Errr .... this is a wierd assumption (explaination below)

[ QUOTE ]

3. Obviously some of the players might pull moves against the others knowing that its recorded which would be interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, wierd assumption ... basically you wish for a filmed 2+2 table ... that is the kind of 2+2 table you get, when SSNL'ers decide to play 25NL and donk it up big time with lots of minraising and shoving. That is not poker.

[ QUOTE ]

4. 1 hour 2 tabling would provide almost 150 hands of 4 different view points.
5. The 2 tables would not necessarily be easy tables and could provide some insight to what sitting at a tough table can be like.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again I don't understand this, there are plenty of videos at tough tables, some free and some not like cardrunners

[ QUOTE ]

Initially I was thinking if there was some way to do 1 table with the 4 viewpoints and merge them into one video at the same time, but I am not sure if that would be possible.

Anyone think this would be cool, viable, or doable?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate the idea, uNL is not and never has been about beating tough opponents ... nor is SSNL for that matter, most of us regs just table select and stay out of each others way ... only firing up the masterblaster if a regs breaks the aggrement and starts messing with us. But I usually quickly make them declare piece ... and holla, if they have position on me I change tables

But all in all, feeding of fish is the one most important skill there is ... which is fairly non-sexy.

I can't vouch for this idea, but I'm sure it can be done.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:49 AM

I'd just say play a couple of tables, everyone records and comments and some video guy creates a best of with the interesting hands [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-19-2007, 10:59 AM

Gelford,

Interesting thoughts.

I really dont think it would get too out of line in consideration as a 2+2 table since for those that have shown interest it is one of their primary levels they are playing and they are not gonna just splash off a bunch of buyins trying to look cool.

If you have 4 players regs that is most likely maybe 1 player out of normal table selection. Run six sense/spadeeye or something and take a look at FullTilt and their table selection. For most of the tables you get on you are looking at 3 players that may or may not be 2+2 style players. And for alot of regulars that are multitabling, they are not necessarily going to just up and leave a table if they find that their table has toughened up a bit.

I realize that we definately look for tables with fish, bad players, deepstacks etc to beat uNL, but I think that there is value to learning how to play in situations that arise against solid players. Obviously when you move up there are more players that would be regulars etc, so it cant hurt.

And I am definately not thinking this is going to even compare to a cardrunners vid or anything like that. I can see value in it, and I think it might be interesting to some and even valuable.

Just my thoughts.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:11 AM

It might, I'm just as usual showing the downside of it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-19-2007, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

most of us regs just table select and stay out of each others way ... only firing up the masterblaster if a regs breaks the aggrement and starts messing with us. But I usually quickly make them declare piece ... and holla, if they have position on me I change tables

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont know why, but this made me laugh when I reread this. I must not be enough of a regular cause I dont think I have any agreements in place. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-19-2007, 11:18 AM

Gelford, I think this video is a great idea because it can become a focal point for a lot of discussion, not because it'd be some CR copy teaching people how to play.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:20 AM

Hehe ... noob [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 09-19-2007, 11:21 AM

It's a cool idea because when I bet, other playes can put me on a hand.

And we wil get a whole bunch of varied opinions throughout the game.

It's a great/cool idea and I'm well up for it.