Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2007, 04:43 AM

Default Re: 2+2er Nike Plus running group - who\'s in?

hmmmmmm......
Old 01-02-2007, 12:24 PM

I'd like to get in on this as well. I don't have a Nano yet, but have been interested in picking one up just for the Nike+ feature alone. I'm in the same boat as Entity, I can go out and slug through a couple of miles, but would like to get back into better shape this year.

For Seattle area posters who need some motivation, you should plan on running the St. Patrick's Day Dash in March. It's a nice 3 1/2 mile race, usually a fun time.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:41 PM

fwiw I have the marware pouch and it works perfectly, also in my experience on a 1/4 mile track and on a treadmill the sensor is very accurate straight out of the box. I haven't signed up for a nike+ account yet but after my ankle gets better I am interested in joining this group as well.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:58 PM

Alright, I'm in. Scott34 is my Nike ID, sent my e-mail to Entity. Looking forward to the motivation this should provide!
Old 01-02-2007, 04:39 PM

didn't read this thread yet but i'm in! i got one for chistmas and was going to start using it today. first i gotta go to dick's and get a pair of kicks for it.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:49 PM

I think I'm going to pick one of these up on the way home today. I've been thinking about getting one for awhile now as I've been running a lot lately and keeping track of miles by hand. I have the nano, why not spend $30 to let technology do it all for me?

EDIT: Add me please. DaveyG013 (that's a zero).
Old 01-02-2007, 05:59 PM

Yep, I think I may have to wait until the 12th to join... the Nano is a few thousand miles away.

The email:

[ QUOTE ]
Challenge name: 2+2 6-month challenge

Note from Entity: Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or gazelle - when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.

The challenge: Most Distance
Created by: Entity
Start date: 1/1/07
Number of challengers: 3

To participate in a Challenge, you must be a Nike+ member.*

Visit the site to learn what Nike+ is all about.

*You must have synched data from at least one run to nikeplus.com.

If you're already a Nike+ member view the challenge

[/ QUOTE ]
It's okay though, I don't have a real job so I'll have plenty of time to catch up.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:06 PM

RJ,

I know! Usually I have a magazine or watch TV, but so many people from my college go to my gym that I always look around to see if I know people. One time I got a message on Facebook afterwards from a grad student at USD (that I had never met before) asking if I had been on "x" elliptical at "x" time . . . creeepy!
Old 01-02-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
RJ,

I know! Usually I have a magazine or watch TV, but so many people from my college go to my gym that I always look around to see if I know people. One time I got a message on Facebook afterwards from a grad student at USD (that I had never met before) asking if I had been on "x" elliptical at "x" time . . . creeepy!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why people fall off of machines. I don't understand how anyone can read and exercise at the same time.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:37 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
RJ,

[/ QUOTE ]

ill give you a hint. he messaged you because youre ridiculously hot. i just look around because funny stuff is going on ALLL THE TIME. there are plenty of cute girls, but i much more enjoy people doing zany things. im buying one of these pedometers today for running, should be cool.

rj