Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 11:25 PM

Default Re: 200 NL, QQ kinda deep against 4-bet.

[ QUOTE ]
One theory type arguement that I agree with for this hand..

If you are going to fold to a cbet on this flop, your preflop call is burning money.

This argument goes to [censored] if you think hes going to check weaker hands on the flop, but I feel like hes going to cbet it with his entire range.

So thus your plan of calling preflop becomes very very bad if hes cbetting this type of flop texture with almost his entire range and you are folding to said bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. If he 4 bets you, dont you think he's following up on the turn? Im not saying im advocating calling here, but...man if youre putting him on a hand, put him on it. If he 4 bets you, and your holding AA or KK, dont you just push? Pretty much puts you on a narrow range also! Meaning, he can comfortably follow up on flop.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he 4 bets you, and your holding AA or KK, dont you just push?

[/ QUOTE ]

no
Old 10-26-2007, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he 4 bets you, and your holding AA or KK, dont you just push?

[/ QUOTE ]
Nope. I'm flat-calling AA as well because pushing allows him to correctly fold.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:09 AM

Fwiw I don't like 3betting in this spot. I would flat call and play it postflop, but perhaps thats a leak. I think folding preflop to the 4bet is the best play. If you don't do that then you should shove this flop imo.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fwiw I don't like 3betting in this spot. I would flat call and play it postflop, but perhaps thats a leak. I think folding preflop to the 4bet is the best play. If you don't do that then you should shove this flop imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

errr why don't you 3bet?

I don't understand why you dont like getting lots of $ in the pot with a huge range in position against someone who knows you have a huge range.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

errr why don't you 3bet?

I don't understand why you dont like getting lots of $ in the pot with a huge range in position against someone who knows you have a huge range.

[/ QUOTE ]

b/c dilith is one of the best players at NL200 and probably isn't stealing too wide with you one the btn. Also, his calling range is not huge although its big enough to make it profitable, but you're in a really [censored] spot if he 4bets. I said its probably a leak.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What would be your 3-betting range here? If it's only AA/KK, then you might as well not bother 3-betting those either because you'd give away your hand.

If anything my 3-betting range here is wider compared to 100 BB.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What would be your 3-betting range here? If it's only AA/KK, then you might as well not bother 3-betting those either because you'd give away your hand.

If anything my 3-betting range here is wider compared to 100 BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would probably either not 3bet him too often at all here. AA/KK some and then some suited connectors and mid pairs.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:47 AM

I know that Dilith will 4 bet a little lighter than AA/KK but for for 200+bb effective stacks I am not sure dilith would be getting this out of line here with out having a minimum of KK in this spot.
I think when he 4 bet you to $110 pre flop he was saying I have AA and don't want to risk 200bb after the flop against another good player fold now.