Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2006, 05:36 PM

Default NBA 3-15-05

LAC @ PHO -5.5, took PHO
-clippers have been doing well but mostly at home, and nash is back

MN @ LAL -5, took LAL

Dallas @ Houston, took the over 174.5
-both their avgs are well above this, even though one of them played yesterday, i still think this is a very low number

YTD NBA/NCAA: 17-14-1
Old 03-15-2006, 07:04 PM

Default Re: NBA 3-15-05

Okay. I’m 90% sure I don’t like anything tonight. I am still considering under 194 Detroit/Raptors but not sold on that either.

I just spend the last 45 minutes looking at NBA games so will give my quick thoughts on your plays. Good Luck on them!

[ QUOTE ]
LAC @ PHO -5.5, took PHO

[/ QUOTE ]
Back to back games for PHO however they are one of the better back to back teams in the league (9-5 ATS).
The Suns beat the clippers in LA by 10pts in January. A month earlier PHO was on back to back games and the Clippers beat them by 10pts. Not sure any of this matters just things to point out.
I’m not betting this game but if I had to bet it I would take the Suns.

[ QUOTE ]
MN @ LAL -5, took LAL

[/ QUOTE ]
The Lakers have not done well ATS this season on back to back games (4-10 ATS) but Minnesota can't hold a lead right now and is collapsing late in every game. If I had to pick, glad I don’t, I would take the Lakers here but would not be thrilled about it.

[ QUOTE ]
Dallas @ Houston, took the over 174.5

[/ QUOTE ]

On back to back games involving Dallas 10 of the last 11 went under. When I made my line it was 178 and did not factor back to back games. I lean slightly on the over but not enough to bet it also.

YTD NBA/NCAA: 17-14-1

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-15-2006, 08:42 PM

I took the over in the DAL game.

The problem with taking Phoenix is that they have to be tired after last night's game and travel back from Seattle. On almost every possession, each team fired a shot up with 20 on the 24. Run, run, run, each team all night. Perhaps the Clippers will run with Phoenix in the first half tonight in the hope that they will get a tired Suns team in the 2nd half. I wound up taking the over 216 in that game on this theory, that the Clippers will play an up-tempo game. The Clippers number came down from 5.5 to 4.5, so I wound up staying away, but will look at it again before game time; also thought about a ML wager on the Clippers.

I'm feeling cocky because I was 6-0 last night. Of course, now that I've gone on record, the final score will be Phoenix 98, Clippers 79.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:22 PM

WTG on the 6-0 night Niss.

I'm going against the grain here but with a good line, maybe we can all win.

Dallas/Houston Under 176 -109 (Buying points at Pinnacle to get line. Many places have this under 175 -105). 1 unit

Dallas has a somewhat short Bench and has a history of going under on back to back nights. No McGrady obviously for Houston and they have said they need to get back to focus on being a defensive team and playing games in the 80’s and 90's Dallas can also play this style.

Suns/Clippers Under 218 -113 (also buying points at Pinnacle to get the line). 1 unit.

I pretty much agree with what Niss posted fatigue will hopefully play a factor in the second half of this game.

I was on my way out to play poker and got a flat tire so won’t make the tournament on time, came home and decided to find two plays I liked best and watch basketball tonight.

NBA/NCAA Hoops YTD Record: 26-20-2, +6.30 units
Old 03-15-2006, 11:06 PM

damn this site, it didnt process two of my wagers and I only had enough time to redo my lakers bet, well hopefully LAL pulls through, I think I should have took the under on the clippers too, looks like a good bet
Old 03-15-2006, 11:08 PM

Another poor NBA night - I doubt I'll bet the Suns under ever again. Good pick guys on the Dallas/Houston over looks good in the 1st half; I should have followed you two on this one.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:12 PM

Clippers -3 +100 Second Half 1.5 units
Old 03-15-2006, 11:42 PM

damn am I glad I stayed away from the Clippers side

good luck, hope they come back in the 4th
Old 03-15-2006, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
damn am I glad I stayed away from the Clippers side

good luck, hope they come back in the 4th

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, but they're not coming back. Wow rough night continues.
I have the T-Wolves +9.5 -165 (fingers crossed on that one keep me from being an 0fer tonight).
Old 03-16-2006, 12:29 AM

Wow after being way off in the 1st half on both of the under picks I came close to winning both of them. I ended up with a loss and a push. I thought I was going to get a win on the PHO/Clippers game but lost by 3pts, there was that 2:20 to 1:00 left were both teams decided to get hot (meaningless garbage points).
I could really use the T-Wolves tonight to keep some confidence after this mini slump.