Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 03:16 PM

Default Re: Last Words on The Kenny Patrik Thing

I don't understand. can we have another thread to clarify?
Old 11-26-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But when you add an ante things change. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe any online cash games have an ante. If so this is a pretty big factor. A bigger factor, I think, then ultra deep stacks or the ability to fold big hands. The world's best non ante player is playing a significantly different game if a big ante is added and would therefore indeed have trouble cracking the top twenty in an ante game. Which is how those big live games are normally played.

[/ QUOTE ]

can you expand on what the "significantly different game" relates to? expanding opening ranges? 3-betting pre-flop more? looking to trap more/less often? what??

i'd guess that you believe you know the difference, what is it?
Old 11-26-2007, 04:54 PM

[QUOTE].][b]OP[/b Because I'm always searching for serious posts that will get a lot of response. Any other reason pales in comparison for me. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2007, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
please stop

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-26-2007, 05:34 PM

I suspect the biggest advantage in a 1-off match between online and live pros would be the experience each had or didn't have playing unknowns.

Online players have made their names and built their bankrolls primarily through outplaying people who were entirely unknown to them at the time.

The live pros have spent much more time playing against a standard line-up. They've built their names and bankrolls besting the same players over and over.

I get the impression that the live pros are not thrilled with playing unknowns who are not mere tourists; that they only begin to open up once they have the hours, days, weeks invested in studying their opposition. The online players have no such luxury.

It doesn't really answer the question but as far as advantages I think this is a big one if we are talking about actually staging a competition between players who have no experience playing one another.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where did you get the idea that the best online players are very tight or even remotely tight?

Ante punishes real tight players.

It seems like a full game with ante will be closer to 6max than a game without ante since you need to contest more pots to break even.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think David Sklansky is speculating that turning the antes from invisibled to visible would create mass confusion in the online players mind, perhaps related to the fact most online players have a form of aspergers syndrome.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:04 PM

Who are the top 10 ante and top 10 non-ante players in the world? Please discuss.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:05 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
Because I'm always searching for serious posts that will get a lot of response. Any other reason pales in comparison for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

POTY
Old 11-26-2007, 06:24 PM

internet players are lagtards who cant fold a hand but are would play way too tight in ante games imo.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:24 PM

I think 2p2 needs hot or not type of voting system so we can democratically choose the top 20.

I also think that we should open thread for this subject and for all the players in top 20.