Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes

Old 11-24-2007, 06:58 PM

Default Re: gettin silly again

jlocdog,

'And what exactly am I polarizing?'

All I was saying was that if I saw one hand in isolation where you check behind KQ on a K53 flop, I would be inclined to think that you liked to check behind ok made hands for pot control and bet with very strong hands for value or air as a bluff. This would make you easier to read imo than if you bet everything. And I don't see why it would make me give you more credit if you fired on a flop of 853. Obviously though like you say you will actually bet tpgk most of the time, just it's good to check behind occasionally for balance. However I am not very clear on why you think this spot (K53 flop vs solid tag regular) would be particularly good for it?
Old 11-24-2007, 07:46 PM

Default Re: gettin silly again

Not as much risk with the hand stated as there is with other hands to board textures.

And when you say you would pass a judgement on my play over one hand if you were at my table....well that is exactly what I want now, isn't it. Now when I c-bet my good hands you might play back at me light. Or conversely, when I check behind when I airballed, you may be fearful of a monster.

edit to add- Vs. a TAG who relies heavily on default lines will misread your hand quite often since you should be betting this flop.