Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 12:54 AM

Default Re: gettin silly again

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ugh, what made hand are you playing this way that's suddenly raising the river? Quad tens? I'd think you'd get looked up just on general principles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tx? given I chkd the flop and called his close to psb on the turn, it's totally plausible for my hand to be exactly that.

[/ QUOTE ]

But the river T doesn't change anything. He's not playing overpairs this way, and you were already ahead of underpairs that aren't sets if you had a T, and sets would still beat you, and 2-pair for Villain is going to be really rare I think. Unless you think he thinks you don't realize all this and said "zomg trips I raise!" [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

ur post is confusing... are you saying you shouldnt be raising the river with Tx? cause I think thats what you're saying.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

ur post is confusing... are you saying you shouldnt be raising the river with Tx? cause I think thats what you're saying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct. Unless there is leveling going on. Cause if you are both playing ABC, what worse hand is calling? What better hand is folding?
Old 11-24-2007, 12:59 AM

cbet flop
Old 11-24-2007, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct. Unless there is leveling going on. Cause if you are both playing ABC, what worse hand is calling? What better hand is folding?

[/ QUOTE ]earlier you said you would look him up just on general principles.

Not raising trip tens here would be ridiculous.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course no hand better than QT is folding. But are you insinuating that anyone folds JT or T9? Sometimes JJ calls you. Sometimes just a stubborn hand like 99 that says "your line is nuts or air".
Old 11-24-2007, 01:13 AM

Pineapple,

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Plenty of inferior hands call. 8x,99,Tx all call. And if we did have Tx are goal is not to fold out better.

Nazahl,

Your play is so much better if the board read K53 T T. I hope you understand why...
Old 11-24-2007, 01:21 AM

I'm tired/semi drunk but I'm assuming its cause there are a lot more 8x hands in his coldcalling range than Kx? and I could be value raising decent kings I decided to check back on the flop? essentially narrowing his calling range and widening my perceived value raising range...
Old 11-24-2007, 01:38 AM

no, because he is prob vb a K.

but not necessarily better jlocdog. I hope you understand why [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2007, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]earlier you said you would look him up just on general principles.

Not raising trip tens here would be ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Hero is capable of bluffing, don't you think Villain would realize it, and realize that chance of bluff> chance of random trip Tens? Plus Hero is just flat-out beat much of the time.

If Hero is not capable of bluffing here, he shouldn't be raising with trip tens. Hence the "ABC" part that you overlooked. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2007, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh my jesus

[x] ignore

this post just blew my mind