Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2007, 08:53 AM

Default Re: View: Guy is the nicest guy on the planet (or the dumbest)

Safe to say this is the last time the 500k game runs?
Old 11-22-2007, 09:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol. you realize that david had to accept WHATEVER guy decided? he was the huge favourite in that hand, so he could do whatever he wanted to. "balls of steel"? lol once more. look at benyamine´s face once guy turns over his cards and you see a man who´s really puking at the mess his own degeneracy has caused him (again and again and again). i like david, he seems like a really nice person and a sick gambler obv, but i don´t get why he instantly accepted the offer - except when none of the money was his.

he had to think about all the consequences BEFORE shoving into a loose passive fish who had shown massive strength. he had to accept each and every outcome once all the money was on the line. otherwise he shouldn´t be called "professional poker player".

[/ QUOTE ]

clearly what you say correlates perfectly with the fact that

1) david didn't try to convince guy to run it more than once
2) when guy asked david if he wanted to run it more than once after, david said that once is fine.

basically the point that you are trying to base your argument around is that david looks upset when guy turns over top two and that he took the massively +EV out that guy gave him. somehow i guess your argument is that if he was really rolled for this game he'd be running around the table giving people high fives because he has 35% equity in a 1.2mm pot and he would spit in guy's face when guy offers to chop even though it's a great deal for him.

wait, is this really the point you're trying to get across?
Old 11-22-2007, 09:13 AM

lol @ Doyle to Benyamine

" This represents one day in his life, and represents your life"

Awesome
Old 11-22-2007, 09:22 AM

wondering if Guy would have let other people off the hook too, I mean DB seems to be a really nice guy, but what about Jamie Gold or a player that had needled him before?
Old 11-22-2007, 09:32 AM

500k table is biggest anticlimax ever.

plus everyone cryng about the link, just wait ffs, you know the outcome but you need to see it in moving pictures now?
Old 11-22-2007, 09:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol. you realize that david had to accept WHATEVER guy decided? he was the huge favourite in that hand, so he could do whatever he wanted to. "balls of steel"? lol once more. look at benyamine´s face once guy turns over his cards and you see a man who´s really puking at the mess his own degeneracy has caused him (again and again and again). i like david, he seems like a really nice person and a sick gambler obv, but i don´t get why he instantly accepted the offer - except when none of the money was his.

he had to think about all the consequences BEFORE shoving into a loose passive fish who had shown massive strength. he had to accept each and every outcome once all the money was on the line. otherwise he shouldn´t be called "professional poker player".

[/ QUOTE ]

clearly what you say correlates perfectly with the fact that

1) david didn't try to convince guy to run it more than once
2) when guy asked david if he wanted to run it more than once after, david said that once is fine.

basically the point that you are trying to base your argument around is that david looks upset when guy turns over top two and that he took the massively +EV out that guy gave him. somehow i guess your argument is that if he was really rolled for this game he'd be running around the table giving people high fives because he has 35% equity in a 1.2mm pot and he would spit in guy's face when guy offers to chop even though it's a great deal for him.

wait, is this really the point you're trying to get across?

[/ QUOTE ]

i just think he should´ve thought about the consequences BEFORE he shoved. he made a terrible play for money he obv. could´t afford to lose and took a bail-out he would NEVER offer to anyone in a lifetime. it´s just ridiculous to call yourself "pro" when you´re playing way above your head and have to accept donations to break even.

as for benyamine accepting the "one time" statement: not sure about that. ok, he said "ok" the first time but when guy insisted, he was close to giving a different answer imo, but sammy stopped him by saying "you sayed once, run it once" etc. (one more reason to hate farha). it would´ve been very embarassing to ask for running it twice after that.

as said, i like benyamine, but he looks really, really bad in this spot.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol @ Doyle to Benyamine

" This represents one day in his life, and represents your life"

Awesome

[/ QUOTE ]

that sentence made me puke, really. look at benyamine´s face and you know what a terrible sentence that was. having 1.2 mill on the line as a huge dog, doyle making fun of you, hearing daniel´s childish laughter - this had to be HELL.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ridiculous to call yourself "pro" when you´re playing way above your head and have to accept donations to break even.

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard
Old 11-22-2007, 09:54 AM

yea, but doyle was just mucking around, give him a break. He was trying to ligthen up what was a pretty tense moment.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What the hell is wrong with most of you, how can you criticise Benyamine for that?

Guy suggested running it twice or more than once and Benyamine said thats fine, and Guy wouldnt let it go coz he knew how much 600,000 means to benyamine.

Benyamine even manages to laugh at the pot hopefully not being his life, and i dont think any of you could be laughing about that with that much money on the line being a dog in the pot.

So what if he accepted the offer, why wouldnt he? He was still happy to run it once if Guy hadn't offered that. I didnt even think benyamine looked that sick, but many props to guy thats the nicest gesture probably ever in high stakes poker

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT