Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 03:07 AM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.
Default Brag/Beat: Homegame I was just at.

Okay, so most sundays I go watch football at my dads best friends house. He has a pretty sweet setup. A large house behind his house with 3 satelite dishes, 3 tvs, poker table, ton of couches, xbox360, all rad as [censored]. So last weekend we decided that this weekend we would have the first of our now monthly homegame.

Now, I have read a million stories on here about homegames and blah blah blah and ive played a bunch and people normally suck, but this was just awesome. Lets start from the beginning.

So I am told we are playing a 20 dollar buyin tournament so i bring like 100 for if we play more after. So i get there and i'm told we will be playing .25/.50 and buying in for 20 bucks. I said "so we're playing no limit?" and got the response "oh man no i dont want any of that all in stuff" from one of the adults. So we decide we will not be playing "all in poker" and dont elaborate further, this leaves me confused.

Anyway, here is the lineup here:

-on my left is the host, my dads friend, hes like 45, greek, pretty funny, kinda knows how to play but flew back from barcelona last night so hasnt slept in 48 hours.
-his left is one of their friends, also like 50, ultra tight, kind of immature or something, couldnt tell exactly, kept calling and raising with money from his wallet.
-on his left is his son, probably like 19 or so, who before we started playing everyone said "he is the professional of the bunch", i figured that this would mean something along the lines of "knows what order to deal the cards in"...it didnt.
-his left was the greek hosts son, probably 15, he always watches football with us, talks video games with me, is pretty cool but is obv nowhere near mature to be doing this.
-his left is his little other 15 year old friend. this kid was my favorite person in the game. He was 15, barely understood how to play but had obv seen a ton of televised poker as he brought sunglasses, overbet a ton and managed to fold a full house.
-his left was my dad, I had never played poker with my dad before, but he pretty much defined loose passive.

So anyway, we get started and I am the big blind. No one really knows what "blinds" are so this should be interesting. The greek guy takes the cards and starts dealing, so he is dealing from UTG, so who gets the first card? Obviously him, and this goes on for awhile before someone asks to clairfy and i explain that the small blind gets card 1. First 4 hands I get KK twice, AK and QQ and turn 20 bucks into 60. During these hands I decide that I should just bet like 1-2 dollars and not go all in as to not piss off the nitty adults. So the action is pretty much either: check, bet 2 dollars, call. or check, bet 1 dollar, call. It really doesn't deviate from this and someone finally wants to raise more so we talk about it and decide that we actually are playing no limit(thanks for not telling me the first 4 hands!)

Then my favorite hand of the night happened.

I got 62d in the bb. 4 callers and I check.

66J flop. I check, greek guy bets 1 dollar, 2 calls, I call.

Turn 4. I bet 5 dollars, greek guy raises to 10, mini hellmuth tanks forever, says "theres no way i could ever fold this hand". I kind of assume greek guy also has a 6 and that kid has like AA or somesuch. Greek guy has 5 bucks left and kid and I both have like 20ish. I decide that my only way to make money is to come over the top and make kid call. So I push for 20 more. Greek guy instacalls and kid thinks forever and then folds 44 face up. I literally sit there in shock for like 2 minutes. Apparently he was sure I had JJ and was pissed at my massive bet. Greek guy has Q6, I dont improve and he takes the pot, thanking me for making the kid fold.

We play a bunch more and the greek guy's son starts to get bored and bets 10 dollars into 2 dollar pots frequently.

I lose a monster pot to greek guy's son when we get all in with QQ vs K2 on a 2699 board and he rivers a 2. Then I triple up to about 27 dollars when I river a flush vs greek guy and other old guy.

Then comes the hand of the night.

I get A5o in the bb, 4 callers, I check.

flop 442. Check to greek kid who bets a dollar, 2 of us call.

Turn 3. check, check, check.

River 9.

I bet 5 dollars, someone folds, greek kid raises to 10. I look around for a few seconds and then raise to the full 28. The greek kid has me covered and tanks for awhile. He puts together the 18 dollars and pushes it in. I table A5 and he tables...K7o. Then greek guy started yelling at greek son for wasting greek dad's money.

I don't know if that was funny or not, but it was def funny being there. I hope while being ridiculously stoned I conveyed this okay.

Bonus Hand: My dad limps UTG, I call utg+1 with 62o, 1 other caller, bb checks. flop AKT. My dad bets a dollar, I call, other 2 call. Turn 9c putting 2 clubs. My dad bets 2 dollars, I call, others fold. River Jc, making 3 clubs and AKJT9. My dad bets 3 dollars, I raise to 9, he folds, I show 62o and everyone goes OH MAN OH SNAP DAD GOT OWNED, it was rad.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:16 AM

Default Re: Brag/Beat: Homegame I was just at.

wtomgicbhfltpi;dr
Old 10-21-2007, 03:16 AM

Ended up reading the entire story.

Not too bad, give it about a 7/10. The greek guy yelling at his son is hilarious (i love how he tanks), and bluffing your dad is a win win.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:17 AM

[ ] op is good at poker
Old 10-21-2007, 03:24 AM

zzzzzz
Old 10-21-2007, 03:28 AM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
[ ] op is good at poker

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i really brought my a game here. lol.

[ QUOTE ]
zzzzzZ

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 10-21-2007, 03:36 AM

[x] OP admits post is boring
Old 10-21-2007, 03:48 AM

oh man no i dont want any of that all in stuff
Old 10-21-2007, 03:58 AM

I don't really read BBV4L that much but this OP was pretty entertaining for me. Maybe I just like reading about fish/donks. I could read all day.

But is this considered boring in BBV4L? Can somebody link me a nice ol good heart pumping thread?
Old 10-21-2007, 03:59 AM

dude fwiw you are the mod imo you should read more often ldo.