Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2007, 06:17 PM

Default Re: What Have You Collected?

[ QUOTE ]

Now, as an adult, I collect fairies. Especially red headed ones. I was given one as a gift from my now ex-husband on the day after my gastric bypass surgery. Ever since then I started collecting them.

T

[/ QUOTE ]

A picture would help me visualize what you're talking about. What kind of fairy? How big are they?
Old 10-14-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I could prob find a few pics of some of the fantasy knives/swords online if that's good enough. Same thing for the hot sauces.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok. Find some pics online. I'll wait.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I have 6 black pokerstars shirts, I use them as rags to quickly wipe spilled drinks on my floor. I also use them to make ninja masks, when I feel like running around in the darkness hidden from everybody (when they are clean).

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. Do you do this often, run around in the dark?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only when there is a damsel in distress, which seems to happen once every 2 weeks on average. I protect the people around me. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2007, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I collect memories. I have had this same old box for the last 20+ years and I collect important memories in it by saving a little something from significant events. I have the usual items one would expect - pictures, ticket stubs, letters, etc. However, I have some unusual items - a Michael Jackson candy bar from a trip to Greece in 1991, a semi-adult magazine from a newsstand in Paris, the head scarf from a girl from a very special moment we shared, and a very bad bracelet I wore when going through a phase in college. There are also some super special things in there that I would never show anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok this is very interesting. So I'm curious what exactly is in that box of yours and how big is it? Do you ever read back through your old letters? Doesn't it make you sad? What kind of ticket stubs you got in there, like from concerts? Also, what is a Michael Jackson candy bar, is it just the wrapper or did you save the actual bar?
Old 10-14-2007, 06:38 PM

I collect Star Wars coins. No action figures or any of the other typical stuff, just coins.

I was going through some boxes of toys from when I was little , found a couple of them in the box, thought they were cool and got hooked. Built up most of the collection from 1998-2002. Pretty glad I did, as prices for the harder to find coins are now 2-3x what they were then.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:42 PM

I didn't even realize there was such a thing as a star wars coin! How many do you think you have? When did they stop selling them and do you actively look for them on ebay or at flea markets?
Old 10-14-2007, 06:48 PM

I have 3 of these. The one in the pic, 1 with a gold handle and 1 with a black handle.

1 of these

1 of these but the 1 I have is shiny

1 of these

1 of these but mine has a dull gray handle. It's approx 24" tip to tip

If you go to this site I have everything on the main page. I mainly collect things made by Kit Rae. He's prob the best fantasy knife/sword maker in the world. The 1st pic(The Valdris) is the one that I have. I started collecting his stuff about 6 yrs ago.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=h...%3Doff%26sa%3DN

I'll try to find a few other things I have.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:02 PM

I collected my belly button lint for 14 years. I took a job a couple of years ago that required me to bathe more regularly than I did in the past, which really put a crimp in my lint production, so I ceased collecting.

I have the jar in my safe deposit box. I'll try to get by the bank this week and take a picture.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:12 PM

There must be something else you collect besides lint. Ties? Aren't you a lawyer? Do you collect white button down shirts?
Old 10-14-2007, 07:15 PM

I could also say I collect CDs, I actually buy them. I have atleast 500, I like reading the notes (where it was recorded, who mixed, engineered, produced, etc. etc.