Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 09:06 PM

Default Re: things you enjoy doing alone

[ QUOTE ]
I enjoy the limited recreational drugs I do to be done when I'm alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you might be doing some of them now, dude.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Going to Vegas. When you're with a group you're always getting pulled in tons of different directions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like going with a group of people who all have the understanding that everyone is doing their own thing. Vegas can get boring all alone but I don't want to have to report to anyone either.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I'm just much more social than the average 2p2er, but I find myself disagreeing with most of these.

A few that really stand out to me: drinking and smoking pot? C'mon, you guys can't be serious with this one. It's sometimes nice to sit back and relax on the balcony with a glass of wine. But 99% of the time, I prefer to enjoy drinks or a bowl with a group of good friends.

Another strange one, IMO: Eating dinner alone. Huh? Whenever I eat out alone, I always feel awkward.

[/ QUOTE ]

why do you feel awkward eating alone? what imaginary judgements, do you think are being cast upon you? and if they are real, what do you care what complete strangers think.

[/ QUOTE ]

You misunderstand. I don't care about the judgement of the other patrons in the restaurant. Instead, I would simply feel awkward sitting at a table alone, doing nothing and starring at the voided space in front of me. Call me crazy, but it just seems weird.

Some posters said they read a book at the table, but this seems awkward too. It seems hard reading a book and eating at the same time, right? I just don't see the benefit of eating alone at a nice restaurant.

[ QUOTE ]
also, as for pot smoking, i like doign this alone, cause i really dont' like hanging out with stoners. mostly cause they have stupid stoner epiphanies, and after a few times, you realize it's the same boring [censored] all stoners come up with.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make a good point, especially if you have stupid hippy stoner friends. Once again, I might be in the minority here, but I'm lucky enough to have chill friends who don't pull that typical Cheech and Chong retardation every time they get high.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:42 PM

Video games. I don't like multiplayer other than online. I don't like to play games with friends. I just like being alone and playing the game by myself.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:58 PM

Brushing my teeth
Old 09-13-2007, 09:41 PM

Taking a dump. I feel taking a dump with other people is not only awkward, but downright stinky..
Old 09-13-2007, 10:31 PM

Walking the dog in the evening. It's quite calming alone and I feel like I escape from the world a bit, even if it is through my neighborhood and not the trails through the park. With my wife or a friend it's just ok and you lose the escape part.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:45 PM

I spent two weeks exploring and camping in Southern Utah alone. I can't think of any company that would have made the trip better. I liked being able to go exactly where I wanted when I wanted, stop to take pictures for as long as I wanted, and change my mind on a dime if I felt like it.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:52 AM

I just got back from dinner with two girls.
I got there about 15 minutes before them and ordered a drink and was waiting for them and I just felt odd.
Not sure if its because I had just the menu to read or what but it defiently seemed like I was not suppsed to be there
So I guess eating alone is not one for me.